• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RozenKristal

Reaction score
I wonder if you have a shawl collar cardigan in backlog somewhere. It would be interesting to see one.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I wonder if you have a shawl collar cardigan in backlog somewhere. It would be interesting to see one.

Afraid not ...

We seem to have gone away from shawl-necks rather.

The new bodywarmer has quite a large neck / collar — not quite a shawl, but serves a similar sort of neck-caressing function!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think I saw that balmacaan from Beams+ a few years back. By the way, is the length for the balmacaan the same as last year, and how many ply is the crewneck?

The International Gallery Beams thing was only available in the flagship store in Shibuya (it was part of an event) so I'm not entirely sure it ever appeared in any form online.

It'll be the same length, the balmacaan, yes — we haven't made any changes to the design.

And the crewneck is ten-ply in the body at the front, and a little lighter in weight at the back and the sleeve.

Thomas_M

Reaction score
Could you please add me to the list for an XS Balmacaan?
Cheers =)

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Please add me as well. Hoping for a xl.

Many thanks. Will do.

I do need to flag up at this juncture that demand is starting to exceed supply! We don't make many XS or XL, you see. I'll be emailing people who enquired first through the website over the past few months (but I will of course email you, too: probably just a few hours later).

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sehkelly odd question but do you know how big the box you use to ship coat like peacoat or the coming balmacaan coat in? It's easier for me to ship to a friend in the US and get that forwarded to Canada later so I hope to know what to expect.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@sehkelly odd question but do you know how big the box you use to ship coat like peacoat or the coming balmacaan coat in? It's easier for me to ship to a friend in the US and get that forwarded to Canada later so I hope to know what to expect.

43 x 34 x 15cm, sir, and about 2.2kg.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And here's this week's heavy woollen release ...

The return of the donkey jacket!

donkey-jacket-woollen-melton-cotton-tobacco-2@2x.jpg
donkey-jacket-woollen-melton-cotton-tobacco-3@2x.jpg

Not quite the same waiting list as the balmacaan.

It'll be on the website in this colour and in black before the week is out.

augustinN

Reaction score
The new donkey jacket looks great ! Is the cut the same as the previous iteration ? The fabric is half uniform melton half cotton sail, is that right ?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The new donkey jacket looks great ! Is the cut the same as the previous iteration ? The fabric is half uniform melton half cotton sail, is that right ?

Exactly, yes, and exactly, in that order.

I'm very happy with it. It's as good a casual jacket as ever we've been able to muster.

Jinbei

Reaction score
Might this be the barleycorn one ?

Attachments

• DSC0655.jpg
    DSC0655.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC0665-400x265.jpg
    DSC0665-400x265.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 137

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads