• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jinbei

Reaction score
Will you post picture of the Balmacaan before listing it on your website ?

I would hate to miss it but would like to see the final product before joining the « list » :)

About sizing, my size is 178cm and I weight around 68kg. I am usally a S/46 on outerwear and a medium size on shirts.
What size would you recommend ?
Reading your sizing guide I would tend to pick a Small

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will you post picture of the Balmacaan before listing it on your website ?

I would hate to miss it but would like to see the final product before joining the « list » :)

About sizing, my size is 178cm and I weight around 68kg. I am usally a S/46 on outerwear and a medium size on shirts.
What size would you recommend ?
Reading your sizing guide I would tend to pick a Small

We're unlikely to post photographs of the product before it appears on the site, sorry to say, but if we add you to the informal "waiting list" then you'll be able to see it a day or two before its official launch.

I should think size S would be best. However, the new balmacaan isn't finished yet, and the new tweed that we're using might have some unknown bearing on how it eventually fits. However, if you're a size S in outerwear in general, then the balmacaan (being quite roomy) in size S is surely the best place to start.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We're unlikely to post photographs of the product before it appears on the site, sorry to say, but if we add you to the informal "waiting list" then you'll be able to see it a day or two before its official launch.

I should think size S would be best. However, the new balmacaan isn't finished yet, and the new tweed that we're using might have some unknown bearing on how it eventually fits. However, if you're a size S in outerwear in general, then the balmacaan (being quite roomy) in size S is surely the best place to start.

... but here's the balmacaan made in a very similar tweed (same yarn, same thickness, but herringbone rather than barleycorn in design).

bal-herringbone-1@2x.jpg
bal-herringbone-2@2x.jpg

It's a one-off we made for a friend.

No buttons yet!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What is the list? I have been thinking about one of your balmacaan's for a year or two.

I just keep an informal, non-commital list of people who are waiting for this or for that, as and when enquiries come in over the weeks. Then, when the garment is closer to completion, I let everyone know, and they have a chance to assess its merits before it goes on public release on the website.

Jinbei

Reaction score
I would like to join the list for the Balmacaan if possible :) thank you ! Let me know if you need contact details

Jinbei

Reaction score
Beautiful the Balmaacan with this herringbone design. Have you made any clothe with the barleycorn design before or this is a first ?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would like to join the list for the Balmacaan if possible :) thank you ! Let me know if you need contact details

Sure thing! Will do. And thanks very much indeed for your interest.

We have made one or two things with barleycorn-y tweeds in the past, though it's going back a few years. We did a collaboration with International Gallery Beams in maybe 2014 with a similar material, though I don't think anything that's appeared on our own website ever. Which is strange, as it's always been a favourite design of ours.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sehkelly Please add me to the list for the Balmacaan too. Many of the things that made me hesitate buying outerwear is the sleeve length but since this can be easily shortened it really peaked my interest!

RozenKristal

Reaction score
Sure thing! Will do. And thanks very much indeed for your interest.

We have made one or two things with barleycorn-y tweeds in the past, though it's going back a few years. We did a collaboration with International Gallery Beams in maybe 2014 with a similar material, though I don't think anything that's appeared on our own website ever. Which is strange, as it's always been a favourite design of ours.

I think I saw that balmacaan from Beams+ a few years back. By the way, is the length for the balmacaan the same as last year, and how many ply is the crewneck?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads