• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any chance of the woolen bedford cord coming back from last AW? Looking forward to the merino shirts

Yes — in the form of the standard trouser, which we hope to have made by this time next month.

And we're very keen on the stuff, so I'd be surprised if it didn't return on a grander scale later next year.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this mask wearing in cooler weather reminded me of the balaclava recently. I do hope you’re producing more under the circumstances.

Thibault S

Reaction score
Just the corduroy ones (biscuit and olive). But of course, they're all granddads deep down, so any can be converted to one simply by whipping off the collar.
You say the new standard collar is removable?

ayonnn

Reaction score
Selling my Dark Olive Work jacket in Heavy Corduroy in size XS. Worn only a handful of times.

A luscious garment with not nearly enough wear it deserves due to my warm climate.

Please send me a PM.

Last edited:

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

ayonnn

Reaction score
This might sound strange, but aside from all the well-deserved praise the work jacket already mentioned, it is also honestly the best smelling garment I have ever received. There's really something about that cord. :rotflmao:

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This might sound strange, but aside from all the well-deserved praise the work jacket already mentioned, it is also honestly the best smelling garment I have ever received. There's really something about that cord. :rotflmao:

A ringing endorsement if ever I heard it.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might sound strange, but aside from all the well-deserved praise the work jacket already mentioned, it is also honestly the best smelling garment I have ever received. :rotflmao:
The smell test is a critical part of proper Dandyism, it's why wool and leather are at the top of the list, with linen and cotton well up there too.
Also bone, vulcanised rubber, wood...

Last edited:

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will the peacoat be offered in, say, a navy hopsack this year?

No sir.

We've sort of stuck with making it in the heavy melton, the past couple of years, as it seems to suit the style very well, and has a timeless quality about it.

It's perhaps not as exciting as, say, the tweed or woollen hopsack ones we've made previously, and I wouldn't say we won't go back to them. However, making the peacoat in melton every year (in dark navy and then one other colour, which this year will be mid-grey) means we can use the other, exciting cloths elsewhere in the collection — e.g. the Chesterfield is treated to the woollen hopsack this year. I like to have a good spread of fabrics in the collection, see, from the ostensibly plain to the more immediately striking.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I nearly forgot -- we put the first of the autumn-y shirts on the site at the start of the week.

There are some moleskin, and some corduroy. Both fairly thick (and both quite nice-smelling, further to the above).

shirt-standard-collar-moleskin-sage-green-7s@2x.jpg
shirt-granddad-corduroy-sisal-6s@2x.jpg
shirt-granddad-corduroy-sisal-2s@2x.jpg
shirt-standard-collar-moleskin-night-blue-2s@2x.jpg
shirt-granddad-corduroy-ivy-green-3s@2x.jpg
shirt-granddad-corduroy-ivy-green-4s@2x.jpg
shirt-standard-collar-moleskin-sage-green-4s@2x.jpg

They're at http://sehkelly.com/shop.

The pale green "sage" colour seems to be doing better than expected — I guess we've never done a shirt in a colour like that — while my go-to biscuit colour ("sisal") is lagging behind the other colours, despite my advocating head-to-toe beige dressing for at least the past three years.

10dence

Reaction score
Hi Paul, when do you reckon we will see the donkey jacket in the shop?

(Had I not gotten the sage I would have gone for the ivy, love the green!)

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Paul, when do you reckon we will see the donkey jacket in the shop?

(Had I not gotten the sage I would have gone for the ivy, love the green!)

It's the next thing to be cut, actually, so hopefully within three weeks.

The duffle coat is being finished off now (which is following the peacoat from last week) and I think we'll start on the donkey within this week. That's my hope at least.

I am quite excited about the brown version. My own personal colour scheme is very much of the soil, of course, so I am biased, but the bottom-half will be the same cloth as https://www.sehkelly.com/slim-trouser-in-cotton-sail-cloth-in-umber/, which is one of our standout materials of recent months.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads