• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will there be an SB3 with a trouser in matching material?

There will indeed.

(Are we that predictable?)

The SB3 part of the equation is being cut tomorrow, and the trousers (standard style, with the belt detail) likely next week sometime.

We have another really good tropical worsted ("summer wool") on our hands. Similar to last year in weight and texture, but a very intricate plain-weave of two complementary shades of yarn which together have the effect of a very precise grid. There's a supremely dark navy and a middling-to-dark grey. They were custom-woven for us, in the west of England, and they touched down at the workshop only this morning.

Shall I make a note to bother you when they're ready?

10dence

Reaction score
This bothering, is there room for one more? More so trousers than jacket.

And I can only agree with previous speakers, the gansey became my favourite knit from first wear and now I struggle to not wear it every day.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There will indeed.

(Are we that predictable?)

The SB3 part of the equation is being cut tomorrow, and the trousers (standard style, with the belt detail) likely next week sometime.

We have another really good tropical worsted ("summer wool") on our hands. Similar to last year in weight and texture, but a very intricate plain-weave of two complementary shades of yarn which together have the effect of a very precise grid. There's a supremely dark navy and a middling-to-dark grey. They were custom-woven for us, in the west of England, and they touched down at the workshop only this morning.

Shall I make a note to bother you when they're ready?

The 'middling-to-dark grey' sounds just like what i've been looking for for wool pants, do you have any other wool pants in that kind of charcoal-y dark grey sort of color?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The 'middling-to-dark grey' sounds just like what i've been looking for for wool pants, do you have any other wool pants in that kind of charcoal-y dark grey sort of color?

It's a "tropical wool" -- as in, a lightweight, open worsted -- rather than something woollen or woolly. Just thought I'd better mention that.

For something truly woolly, if that's what you have in mind, we do have a few pairs of https://www.sehkelly.com/standard-trouser-in-worsted-canvas-in-midnight/ in stock in the thickest, woolliest, most excellently textured charcoal woollen I've seen in recent times. We made a handful before Christmas and there are still a few sizes lurking here at the workshop.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a "tropical wool" -- as in, a lightweight, open worsted -- rather than something woollen or woolly. Just thought I'd better mention that.

For something truly woolly, if that's what you have in mind, we do have a few pairs of https://www.sehkelly.com/standard-trouser-in-worsted-canvas-in-midnight/ in stock in the thickest, woolliest, most excellently textured charcoal woollen I've seen in recent times. We made a handful before Christmas and there are still a few sizes lurking here at the workshop.

Awesome. I might have to take advantage of that if you have the right size for me.
I'm just trying to figure out the sizing on your website for your trousers, where it has waist, rise, top of thigh, hem and length. Is there a diagram available to help me actually measure my best fitting pants to compare against?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome. I might have to take advantage of that if you have the right size for me.
I'm just trying to figure out the sizing on your website for your trousers, where it has waist, rise, top of thigh, hem and length. Is there a diagram available to help me actually measure my best fitting pants to compare against?

I don't have to hand a diagram, sorry, but https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/361625045070048277/ is the gist of it.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We undertook the onerous task of counting stock at the workshop earlier today.

Anyone familiar with stocktakes will appreciate the diminishing of lifeforce that they entail, but we got through it — with some surprise outcomes. We have quite a few things previously uncounted (and thus not listed on the website) and so http://sehkelly.com/xs through http://sehkelly.com/xl might be worth perusing if you've looked at something previously only to see the dreaded "sold out" button.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi mate, after looking at the measurement I think I'm a small. Would you happen to have a small size for the pants that you linked?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads