S.E.H Kelly

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

That looks great! I don't think they were made in my size unfortunately.

2. Bugsy

Bugsy Well-Known Member

What will the new pea coat look like?

3. sehkelly

sehkelly Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The new peacoat will look much like the previous peacoat, with a tweak here and there, and with a new, thicker wool — flecked as last time, but a slightly different pattern. Two colours this time, too.

4. Bugsy

Bugsy Well-Known Member

Sounds good, I can't wit to see it. I almost bought the billy rebid pea coat last winter but waited. So my closet needs a quality pea coat. Will retail be close to last years?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. sehkelly

I should think it will be much the same, yes, although the cloth we're using this time is a little bit more expensive.

6. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

Wow, this brand looks so awesome, literally has everything I'd look for in a clothing brand, hope you guys do well and expand your collection, can't wait to put in my first order soon.

7. racknac

racknac Senior member

Do you plan to restock the collarless jackets in size small? Also did you used to make a "banded" collared shirt? It looks like there are some in some of the jacket pics but don't see any in the shirt section.

8. racknac

racknac Senior member

Also it seems like people are sizing down on a lot of the jackets? I'm 5'11, 175 lbs and normally wear a medium in most brands, but I think I would probably order a small based on the measurements of the model in the pictures...

9. Syeknom

Syeknom Senior member

I wear a small for most brands (and suit jacket size 48) and the small size of that jacket fits really well.

10. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

if you look at how the jackets are sized on the website, they're wearing them smaller and tighter than I would personally. I think it's best to compare measurements with items of clothes that you own already.

11. sehkelly

I would say that our clothes fit more or less true to size, and are equivalent to the sizes of most other brands.

It varies from garment to garment slightly, but a chap who visits the workshop and is usually a size small, wears a size small in almost all of our garments. The exception to that might be our mac, which is a relaxed fit (so if you want something fitted, think about sizing down) and the recently finished one-button blazer, which, again, is on the relaxed side.

Always on [email protected] (Paul) if you have specific questions about this or that.

12. sehkelly

Sorry: overlooked this first time around.

Nope -- no restocking of anything. The collarless jacket might come around again, next year, but we tend not to go backwards and repeat a run of the exact same garment.

As for the shirt, I believe you may be referring to a detachable-collar shirt, in white cotton oxford, which has made a cameo in a couple of photos, but is not ready quite yet for public consumption.

13. racknac

racknac Senior member

Sounds good, I look forward to your next iteration of the jacket!

14. Tadite

Tadite Well-Known Member

I can see the interest in the peacoat made from a heavier tweed. As is it's a bit light. More along the weight of a good hacking jacket instead of the expected heavy boiled wool. This isn't a coat for braving the north sea!

I love it though. The natural colors of the undyed (or mostly undyed?) wool looks better the longer I have it and at least here in New England it's a three season jacket. I've also never had as many people, from a range of ages, ask me about a piece of clothing in my life. Tweed like this seems to be appreciated.

15. Jayboy

Jayboy Senior member

Hey Paul, any insight on future jackets for this winter? Even though i had some missfortune on my mac with the buttons and a few seams, i really, really, really like the jacket, and might get another one for this winter.. Something similar, maybe a bit heaver in the works?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013