1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

S.E.H Kelly

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Dec 1, 2011.

1. irbe

irbe Distinguished Member

amazing as always...

2. Remy Fool

Remy Fool Active Member

How many are left of the XL Charcoal Field Coat? I'm quite interested in it but my paycheck arrives next week.

I know from previous years that the current and following months are a busy time so I wish you all smooth operations.

3. sehkelly

sehkelly Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

We have precisely ... one.

We tend only to make one or two pieces in size XL.

And thanks for your well-wishes. We are having a busy time but a very productive one.

4. Remy Fool

Remy Fool Active Member

Ah, understood. Guess I have no choice but to pull the trigger. Thank you.

I'm very glad to hear that!

5. sehkelly

Very much obliged, sir.

And sorry to force your hand somewhat!

There was a time when we made more in size XL, but in recent years, for reasons unknown, sizes S and XS have become our bread and butter.

6. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

Make more XL and send them to me. :inlove:

7. sehkelly

We’ve had this week a great uptick in interest in the work jacket in corduroy from late last year — particularly the cedar brown one. While we try never to make the same thing twice, we might make an exception in this regard and / or make the same jacket in other colours of corduroy. Later in the year, of course. Anyone who might be vaguely interested but not sufficiently to have proactively emailed me about it, drop me a line, by all means, and I will add your name to the list.

In other work jacket news, these are new: https://sehkelly.com/work-jacket.

1-work.jpg work-2.jpg work-5.jpg work-4.jpg work-6.jpg work-7.jpg work-8.jpg

To quote the newsletter I sent our last week, the cloth "is a thick, firm, starchy (and, yes, cardboard-colour) cotton which, fresh from the mill, is spleen-burstingly difficult to steer successfully beneath a sewing-machine. It makes for a jacket which, new, stands up all by itself -- but after a few wears and washes becomes a beloved second skin. It is peachy soft in all the right places, resolutely rain-proof where you need it most, and acquires over time the patina of a well-thumbed treasure map."

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019

8. sehkelly

One other thing that has just emerged from the factory is this — the trench coat in weatherproof ripstop.

trench-main.jpg trench-charcoal-12.jpg

Seldom in the past ten years has a cloth and a style gone so well together. We've gone on and on about this material before, but the fact it is waterproof, wind-proof, breathes and ventilates and stays cool when warm and vice-versa makes it perfect trench material. Plus it doesn't much crease: anyone who routinely sits on the tail of their trench like yours truly will understand what a boon this is.

There's a sand / beige version, too, which is redolent of Casablanca if it was set in the Romulan Star Empire.

Paul

9. notmandatory

notmandatory Well-Known Member

I love this description so much.

10. sehkelly

11. dynemacron

dynemacron Well-Known Member

12. sehkelly

Glad you like it. Cheers.

It's not Ventile, no: it's a synthetic weave of aramid fibres, which I blathered on about a while back at https://www.sehkelly.com/synthetic-serendipity/. It is a very high-performance cloth, in that it is waterproof, and extremely light, and is a double-face of two different types of ripstop weave. Coupled with the structure and make-up of fibres themselves, it is therefore extremely hard-wearing.

13. sehkelly

Only me.

A few new photographs here of various outerwears being worn: the field coat, the donkey, and the balmacaan (sold out, but coming back in weatherproof cotton in a few weeks).

field-coat-canopy-cotton-charcoal-worn-4@2x.jpg field-coat-canopy-cotton-charcoal-worn-1@2x.jpg field-coat-canopy-cotton-charcoal-worn-6@2x.jpg field-coat-canopy-cotton-charcoal-worn-2@2x.jpg donkey-jacket-cotton-manila-again-worn-3@2x.jpg donkey-jacket-cotton-manila-again-worn-1@2x.jpg balmacaan-hopsack-tweed-grey-worn-1@2x.jpg balmacaan-hopsack-tweed-grey-worn-5@2x.jpg balmacaan-hopsack-tweed-grey-worn-2@2x.jpg balmacaan-hopsack-tweed-grey-worn-7@2x.jpg balmacaan-hopsack-tweed-grey-worn-6@2x.jpg balmacaan-hopsack-tweed-grey-worn-8@2x.jpg

I hope to have photographs of some of the newest things, like the work jacket and ripstop trench, to share before too long, too.

Paul

14. JohnAAG

JohnAAG Distinguished Member

You guys are creating some really nice pieces! That field jacket is great! Looking forward to seeing the trench in action

15. mitsein

mitsein Member

I am tempted to get an SB3 or SB2 wool jacket. I am 39 chest and 5'9 height, and most of my jackets have the shoulder width 18. In other brands, I find myself between 38 (Turnbull & Asser, Harvie & Hudson) or 40 (Rubinacci, Johnstons of Elgin) or in one exceptional case 42 (Brooks Brothers soft jacket). So, I am thinking Medium would be my safe choice for SB2 (because it is slim fit) or Small for SB3 (because it is straight fit)?

Would anyone like to share their experience of the fit and size of SB3/SB2?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019