1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

S.E.H Kelly

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

That looks great! I don't think they were made in my size unfortunately.

2. Bugsy

Bugsy Well-Known Member

What will the new pea coat look like?

3. sehkelly

sehkelly Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The new peacoat will look much like the previous peacoat, with a tweak here and there, and with a new, thicker wool — flecked as last time, but a slightly different pattern. Two colours this time, too.

4. Bugsy

Bugsy Well-Known Member

Sounds good, I can't wit to see it. I almost bought the billy rebid pea coat last winter but waited. So my closet needs a quality pea coat. Will retail be close to last years?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. sehkelly

I should think it will be much the same, yes, although the cloth we're using this time is a little bit more expensive.

6. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

Wow, this brand looks so awesome, literally has everything I'd look for in a clothing brand, hope you guys do well and expand your collection, can't wait to put in my first order soon.

7. racknac

racknac Senior member

Do you plan to restock the collarless jackets in size small? Also did you used to make a "banded" collared shirt? It looks like there are some in some of the jacket pics but don't see any in the shirt section.

8. racknac

racknac Senior member

Also it seems like people are sizing down on a lot of the jackets? I'm 5'11, 175 lbs and normally wear a medium in most brands, but I think I would probably order a small based on the measurements of the model in the pictures...

9. Syeknom

Syeknom Senior member

I wear a small for most brands (and suit jacket size 48) and the small size of that jacket fits really well.

10. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

if you look at how the jackets are sized on the website, they're wearing them smaller and tighter than I would personally. I think it's best to compare measurements with items of clothes that you own already.

11. sehkelly

I would say that our clothes fit more or less true to size, and are equivalent to the sizes of most other brands.

It varies from garment to garment slightly, but a chap who visits the workshop and is usually a size small, wears a size small in almost all of our garments. The exception to that might be our mac, which is a relaxed fit (so if you want something fitted, think about sizing down) and the recently finished one-button blazer, which, again, is on the relaxed side.

Always on studio@sehkelly.com (Paul) if you have specific questions about this or that.

12. sehkelly

Sorry: overlooked this first time around.

Nope -- no restocking of anything. The collarless jacket might come around again, next year, but we tend not to go backwards and repeat a run of the exact same garment.

As for the shirt, I believe you may be referring to a detachable-collar shirt, in white cotton oxford, which has made a cameo in a couple of photos, but is not ready quite yet for public consumption.

13. racknac

racknac Senior member

Sounds good, I look forward to your next iteration of the jacket!

14. Tadite

Tadite Well-Known Member

I can see the interest in the peacoat made from a heavier tweed. As is it's a bit light. More along the weight of a good hacking jacket instead of the expected heavy boiled wool. This isn't a coat for braving the north sea!

I love it though. The natural colors of the undyed (or mostly undyed?) wool looks better the longer I have it and at least here in New England it's a three season jacket. I've also never had as many people, from a range of ages, ask me about a piece of clothing in my life. Tweed like this seems to be appreciated.

15. Jayboy

Jayboy Senior member

Hey Paul, any insight on future jackets for this winter? Even though i had some missfortune on my mac with the buttons and a few seams, i really, really, really like the jacket, and might get another one for this winter.. Something similar, maybe a bit heaver in the works?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  16. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

any plans to produce jumpers this winter in XS? been watching the brand for a while and have always wanted to try one of the knits but they're not made in my size :(

17. sehkelly

Mistake.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  18. sehkelly

There are no plans for a long single-breasted mac (which I think is what you're referring to) -- but are working on a short wool coat, a new peacoat, a trenchcoat, and a few other jackets besides. I would say most of them will be as warm, if not warmer than last year's wool mac.

19. sehkelly

There will be XS in a couple of items of knitwear later this year. A jumper and a lambswool cardigan I believe.

20. irbe

irbe Senior member