Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

S.E.H Kelly

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Fit looks good Zissou, but the sleeves are definitely too short. Similar to you, I always say it should be between the bone in your wrist and the first knuckle with blazers. Even second knuckle is fine and probably better with outerwear. I had to shorten a blazer/coat (outdoor) recently and I was really worried about it. It had a snap clasp that had to removed and re-sewn on too. Fortunately the tailor did it perfectly and gave me half off. As for the body length, it looks fine in the front. I suspect it is a bit short though. Without being too forward, I think we'd need to see an arse shot.

2. Tadite

Tadite Well-Known Member

Digging the indigo idea. Think that's going to be a little more problematical. Rope dyed with natural indigo's going to bleed a whole heck of a lot (as anyone that has decent jeans can tell you). More of the dye gets to the core of the yarn and the saturation effect leads to a better fade but also increased risks of getting dye everywhere. That's why most good jeans, even crazy expensive Japanese denim, isn't rope dyed. Well, that and it's expensive to do. I've a pair that I break out on special occasions (whole deal, old school looms, Zimbabwean cotton, rope dyed natural indigo) and lets just say I've made my mark all over the place.

They look great though!:slayer:

Think you can get away with it in pants but never liked the idea of a cloth that bleeds in jackets/shirts. To much of a chance to get wet enough to exasperate the bleed. Maybe some nice scarfs, pants, or a vest? Looking forward to seeing what it turns into.

http://www.sehkelly.com/news/2012/12/indigo-of-opportunity/

3. zissou

zissou Senior member

Looks very interesting indeed. I like that they are using two different shades of indigo. I think the fabric could be used for jackets just fine, as long as they are lined.

I returned the pea coat and am getting this instead :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012

4. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

aah nice. i will definitely be buying some of their knits in the new year. the one i handled was very soft yet really substantial, more so on both counts than my stark.

5. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

their knits seriously look amazing, too bad they don't make XS.

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

this.

7. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Too bad the sleeves on that knit are so short. Would need at least 2.5 inches more in sleeve length on the xl.

8. sehkelly

sehkelly Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hello folks

Thanks for the kind words.

We will be introducing XS in most and eventually hopefully all our garments next year.

As for sleeve length — if measured on the outside of the arm from the top shoulder seam, the sleeves on the XL are 27". The measurement on the site is the "inside" of the arm, from the pit. I'll update the website to make that clearer hopefully today.

Any more questions please ask away.

Paul

9. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Thanks for the info about the sleeve length. Now I just need to find some money so I can buy that sweater.

10. NickJohannessen

NickJohannessen Senior member

11. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

12. NickJohannessen

NickJohannessen Senior member

Not often I see a request for a fit-pic of a scarf, but here goes :) In addition the trousers are the SEH Kelly Dark-green Tweed trousers, so a two-for-one here. Sorry the light isn't terrific.

[​IMG]

13. GTE444

GTE444 New Member

Love what Paul is doing with SEH Kelly. Doffs cap. I have not as of yet taken the plunge but when XL is in full production, I will be on it.

14. sehkelly

sehkelly Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Many thanks.

Today we go into the busiest four weeks of the year. We're making garments for Japan SS13 -- the best of which will make its way onto our site over the next few weeks -- and samples for AW13.

On top of that, we have some new lightweight Donegal tweed blazers going into work, the revamped Kelly collar shirt in cotton oxford, and the first of the year's Ventile arrived this morning. All of it is currently on the cutting-room table. Busy.

15. GTE444

GTE444 New Member

Great stuff. Will keep an eye out on the website.