Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

S.E.H Kelly

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. sehkelly

sehkelly Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Without any ado at all, here's the topcoat, discussed here a few times over the last few months.

topcoat-gravel-grey-covert-cloth-worn-1.jpg

This is the covert cloth version. Works well, I think: a very suitable weight for a coat such as this.

topcoat-gravel-grey-covert-cloth-2.jpg topcoat-gravel-grey-covert-cloth-3.jpg topcoat-gravel-grey-covert-cloth-6.jpg topcoat-gravel-grey-covert-cloth-10.jpg

The topcoat this year differs from that of last year in that it has stolen the peacoat's postbox pockets (try saying that backwards). The collar has been altered a little, too, to make it more shapely. The body is more shapely, too, and the vent runs higher. It has the same combination of in-set sleeve and raglan, mind, and most other aspects of it are unchanged.

Paul

2. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

that looks really really good. I really really don't need one where I live, but for the 1-2 trips a year to colder climates...

3. paddymac

paddymac Active Member

hi paul,

what colour is this exactly in person/in daylight? web says gravel grey with grey and black yarn?

Is this like say charcoal? but definitely not black right?

4. sehkelly

It's a very dark grey — like charcoal, yes. Not the darkest we have ever used, but nor far off.

In fact, the shirt the chap above is wearing is a really, really, really dark grey, and you can see that the topcoat is good deal lighter.

Up close it appears a marble of black and grey yarn (and the reverse-side of the cloth is almost completely black; quite a few shades darker than the face).

(All the above photographs are taken in daylight, by the way.)

5. sehkelly

Flown rather under the radar, the new polo shirt (before I broadcast it here).

polo-shirt-putty-geelong-lambswool-tuck-worn-1.jpg
    polo-shirt-blue-cashmere-cotton-worn-1.jpg

It is a geelong tuck-stitch -- in the same vein as our usual fare at this time of year. Hand-framed, hand-linked, fully-fashioned, and all the rest of it. If there was ever a game of luxury-grade knitwear bingo, this would win it.

Fairly large of collar, to withstand a jacket collar, and ergo it may affect a look similar to that of a shirt, but an infinite number of times cosier.

polo-shirt-putty-geelong-lambswool-tuck-2.jpg
    polo-shirt-putty-geelong-lambswool-tuck-5.jpg
    polo-shirt-putty-geelong-lambswool-tuck-7.jpg
    polo-shirt-putty-geelong-lambswool-tuck-4.jpg

There is a cashmere-cotton version in the offing, too (the blue one, above) but cashmere-cotton goats are apparently in short supply, and the yarn delivery is running behind. The geelong is so soft it isn't a million miles away from cashmere-soft anyway (though with a heavier handle and less inherent slinkiness). It is a mix of putty and grey yarn (the former seems the dominant colour in the final analysis) and four-ply.

Paul

6. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

Fall has returned and so has my SB3.

20171011Full.jpg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017

7. sehkelly

Looks great.

Having lapsed into corduroy (even double helpings) in the past few weeks, I fully support this decision.

8. sehkelly

... and speaking of the SB3 jacket -- we've just completed its younger brother, which is the very much revised SB2.

It has one button fewer than the SB3 (but one more than the SB1, fact fans) — with a lower break, a body that's longer by about two inches, and reconfigured pockets (pipe pockets with flaps and stitched-through pocket bags). It also has twin vents.

sb2-jacket-grey-hairline-worsted-1@2x.jpg
    sb2-jacket-slate-blue-hairline-worsted-2.jpg
    sb2-jacket-grey-hairline-worsted-6.jpg
    sb2-jacket-grey-hairline-worsted-5.jpg
    sb2-jacket-slate-blue-hairline-worsted-9.jpg

Other than that, it is much the same relaxed, quasi-tailored jacket.

We've made some here in a two-ply hairline worsted twill from Somerset. The slate blue is quite fetching. We're working on a handful in a successor to last year's gun-club check from County Donegal, too, though their completion is contingent to rather large extent on the cloth being delivered.

9. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Loving the reversible over shirt you put on the site recently! Given it uses melton wool, would you say it's fairly warm? Also, would you mind advising on size? I'm 6'2", 175lbs with a 40ish chest. Trying to decide between medium and large. Would want to wear alone and over a sweater sometimes if possible. Thanks!

10. sehkelly

Thank you.

Crikey, yes -- this is plenty, plenty warm. It is a dense thing indeed.

Size L would be my recommendation for sure. I'm a size 38 through and through, but prefer the size M. The size S is fine, but fits like a fairly fitted shirt rather than a relaxed overshirt. It's simply a consequence of the aforementioned thickness.

Hope that helps.

Paul

11. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

It definitely helps, thank you! The only problem is I just went to order and it looks like you already sold out of the large in navy. Any plans to restock for this season?

12. sehkelly

Afraid not, no. We seldom if ever make the same thing twice.

I think the only exception are the desert cotton shirts, which we try (a lot of the time unsuccessfully) always to keep in stock.

We are a very small operation, so make few things, compared to most companies, I expect.

Still — you can see what we do have in stock in size L at http://sehkelly.com/large, which is always up to date, to the minute.

13. sehkelly

... and while I wish I could announce a forthcoming re-stock of the reversibles (I cannot) here they are, before they go extinct.

reversible-overshirt-rust-cord-melton-4.jpg
    reversible-overshirt-rust-cord-melton-11.jpg
    reversible-overshirt-rust-cord-melton-3.jpg
    reversible-overshirt-rust-cord-melton-16.jpg

And then the blue ...

reversible-overshirt-navy-blue-cord-melton-1@2x.jpg
    reversible-overshirt-navy-blue-cord-melton-10.jpg
    reversible-overshirt-navy-blue-cord-melton-7.jpg
    reversible-overshirt-navy-blue-cord-melton-15.jpg

Having underestimated the appetite for things reversible these past few days, we're thinking about inserting it belatedly into our plans for early next year. Cloth options, though -- very much TBC ...

Paul