• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My major issue is that everything is sold out when I want to buy it :) Slightly frustrating.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's another shirt we've been working on.

It's our raglan shirt — more relaxed than the hemp one above, and with a half button-through / half concealed front — and is made with a linen woven in Northern Ireland.

It's a very faint glen-check, which I seldom see in linens of this ilk. A sort of slate-blue.

What with the onslaught of baltic conditions this past week in London, we have been holding off even mentioning our new spring-friendly attire, but hey -- you can't wait forever.

Paul

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My major issue is that everything is sold out when I want to buy it
smile.gif
Slightly frustrating.

Sorry to hear that, but if there's anything you have your eye on, seemingly sold out, you can always enquire with me, as sometimes we have one-offs here at the workshop which are not online.

Or perhaps they're sold out when you look online, but five minutes later, another customer returns it and it comes back into stock.

For such events, I keep a log of customer enquiries.

There's always the dynamic size-specific pages, too -- e.g. http://sehkelly.com/small or http://sehkelly.com/xl -- which show whats available in a given size at that precise moment.

YoungM

Reaction score
Thanks for that XL link - saw that the linen shirts were available and immediately bought one.

I do find it funny that you are essentially the only online retailer I know of that doesn't have a newsletter (as far as I can tell) and you're also about the only one that I would read religiously.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you very much.

I'll have it wrapped and on its way on Monday.

Funnily enough, we do have a newsletter. There's a sign-up box at the foot of the website (I did contemplate a pop-up the very second anyone visits the website, but then had a stern word with myself).

I send them once a month. Something of a marketing-phobe myself, so I steer it towards the personal and conversational as much as I can. On balance, and to allay any worry that you've been missing out, I'd suggest here or one of the social media are better places to stay up to date with what we're making or releasing.

SLieber967

Reaction score
Is there any way to use a Visa gift card as partial payment on the site?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A few more photographs of the new glen-check raglan shirt mentioned the other day.

The linen is from reportedly the oldest mill in Linenopolis — that is to say, the area of Northern Ireland just outside Belfast where a century ago every other building was flax-oriented. Wonderful stuff.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You know, I can't think of a cloth we've used that has drawn so much admiration ...

We've been working with the mill for a grey / charcoal version of the same material, possibly for use this autumn. It's very much along the same lines, only, well ... grey, and with the occasional fleck of beige and brown. The topcoat seems a good candidate for it again, since it seems to have been fairly well received. Another coat or jacket, too, possibly: probably a shorter one.

One thing I learned about the cloth is that there's a small amount of cotton yarn woven into it. Serves no practical purpose, so the weaver tells me, and there's no pure-minded rational reason for it; it's just that mill since establishment has always made cloth that plays with composition (such as the cotton-wool-linen with which we made http://www.sehkelly.com/work-jacket-hand-woven-blue-wool-linen-check/) .

Last edited:

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The corduroy jacket on Instagram is the one I've been waitin for since you first mentioned it. I can't wait.
Great. Thank you. Ought to be ready in 2-3 weeks, all being well, but drop me a line at [email protected] if there's no sign of it and you're wondering where it is. Here's another photo, too. A good weight of cord, this, and suits the jacket just right. Paul
This week?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This week?

That was the plan.

Time has got rather the better of me so far this year, and so I've been prioritising the Japan side of our SS17 production, at the expense of the side we make for our workshop / website.

Thus they're running a couple of weeks behind.

Happy to drop you an email or message when they're ready though, if you'd like?

Reaction score
You know, I can't think of a cloth we've used that has drawn so much admiration ...

We've been working with the mill for a grey / charcoal version of the same material, possibly for use this autumn. It's very much along the same lines, only, well ... grey, and with the occasional fleck of beige and brown. The topcoat seems a good candidate for it again, since it seems to have been fairly well received. Another coat or jacket, too, possibly: probably a shorter one.

One thing I learned about the cloth is that there's a small amount of cotton yarn woven into it. Serves no practical purpose, so the weaver tells me, and there's no pure-minded rational reason for it; it's just that mill since establishment has always made cloth that plays with composition (such as the cotton-wool-linen with which we made http://www.sehkelly.com/work-jacket-hand-woven-blue-wool-linen-check/) .
Please would there be any chance of a single breasted top coat in this material with those nice handwarmer pockets? Something to wear on its own over a shirt to go straight from overheated office into the great outdoors while retaining the easy ability to plunge hands into trouser pockets with the coat undone at the front?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads