1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

S.E.H Kelly

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. sehkelly

sehkelly Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Afternoon all

Here are some photographs of the work ongoing on the compact new peacoat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've folded up the existing peacoat to demonstrate the new body length. We've also basted in the lie of the new pocket and front seam (in which the warmer pocket will now sit).

Shaved some off the back of the collar, too.

Very rough, I know.

Paul

1 person likes this.
  2. Erik S

Erik S New Member

Is there any chance that the Quilted Vest will do a comeback?

Erik

3. sehkelly

No plans for the foreseeable, I must admit ...

Ideas do cross my mind from time to time, but there's no shortage of really good quilted / insulated garment companies in the UK -- whether it be goose-down or EcoLoft-type stuff -- that I seem only ever to conclude that it's best to leave them to it.

So no -- we're sticking with our heavy woollen solution to keeping warm, at least for now.

4. Attacca

Attacca Member

New peacoat is awesome, hopefully I can get it when it releases. Need more smalls.

5. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

New peacoat looks great. Only things I can add, really, based on trying on the old one: Keep the collar and lapels as big as you can, as I think that really works well with the look. And the buttons on the other one were sewn right threw all layers, meaning it cut down on the hand warmer pocket space, as the sewing cut off parts of the pocket.

Any idea on what the rough final length might be on a large? I'm hoping I can still cover a suit jacket with this thing.

6. sehkelly

You can say that again.

If you like, I can drop you a line when they're closer to completion? Either on here or by email.

7. Attacca

Attacca Member

That would be awesome. I'll PM you my email.

8. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

Lovely pictures. (psst .. I think some "Lorem ipsum"-type text might have sneaked in there somehow.)

Also, I think a shorter length on the peacoat will work very well indeed and I look forward to their appearance next AW.

Anyway, I just wanted to check that the wool lining on the ripstop ventile car coat is detachable? It doesn't specifically say so on the website but that's what I've gathered from above.

9. sehkelly

Lorem ipsum has a habit of sneaking in every now and then.

What has also sneaked / snuck in is an image of the car coat from a previous listing. The text on the page is correct ("The coat has a lining halfway down the back of even more Ventile. In this way, you have a double-layer of Ventile on the most weather-exposed parts of the coat") but the corresponding image is / was incorrect. A placeholder has now been put in place, and a new photograph will go in there tomorrow, or as soon as I can get my hands on the relevant coat.

But no -- there are no detachable linings on any of the car coats now in stock, though we may well make some more of the ilk of http://www.sehkelly.com/car-coat-in-olive-green-ventile-ripstop/ after the summer (which presumably is what was described in posts previous to this one).

I hope that offers a little bit of clarity, and sorry for any confusion.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  10. sehkelly

Sorted.

Thank you.

11. YoungM

YoungM Senior member

Any plans for more cardigans? Need more SEH Kelly knitwear in my life, and cardigans are lately taking pride of place in my around the house wardrobe.

12. sehkelly

Hmm. It'll be about four inches shorter than the previous one. Still plenty long enough to cover a suit jacket, I should think: see the image above where the sleeve and full body are in shot together.

We didn't want to lose too much length, nor tender redundant the pockets, and so I should think it is little longer still than a peacoat is typically.

And have no fear about the collar! Collars are sacrosanct here and we do not dabble with things for the worse. It'll still be utterly enormous and neck-hugging. We just shaved off a little from the back, is all. Barely a cm. The collar at the front is unchanged.

13. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

@sehkelly Sounds good to me. Please, Paul, make note to drop me a line before they hit the site, I'll be wanting one in a size large. Also, I would be possibly be interested in the Balmacaan if you do it in heavy wool again, and possibly 10-ply knit wear.

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'd be down for more navy tuck stitch knitwear. I was sad I was too slow on the draw this year.

15. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

Thanks for that - I was thinking of getting one of the car coats to wear over a sportcoat in spring/summer rain so no lining works fine for me.

Key feature in a peacoat imho .. I have a Buzz Rickson USN repro and that's one of my favourite things about it, when the collar is up it's like being in one of those dog cones.

16. sehkelly

I will make a note.

The heavy crewneck is sure to return (with some modifications) and there's a lighter weight, though still substantial, saddle-shoulder crewneck in work, too. One or both is sure to be navy-ish.

And, in the meantime, we've a few new knitwear styles upcoming for the spring.

17. zissou

zissou Senior member

The saddle shoulder crewneck sounds great. I'd be interested in something lighter than the 10-ply, as I already have one from you, along with a bunch of other heavy knits (Inverallan, Scott & Charters, Kanata, etc.)

1 person likes this.
  18. sehkelly

We are making a very small number for spring. They are cotton, plain-stitch, and about four-ply. They're similar to those we've made in the past, but they have an elbow-patch (or an homage to an elbow-patch) hand-linked onto the sleeve. A fun little feature.

Cardigans seem very much to be one of those things that waxes and wanes over the years. Some seasons, people can't seem to get another of them; one seasons, not so much.

I am a card-carrying cardigan aficionado, and will never, ever walk away from them -- but we don't make many of them at the moment because crewnecks and rollnecks seem very much more de rigueur.

Paul

19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

As a big cardigan lover, the most polarizing areas are the collar and waistline.

1 person likes this.
  20. sehkelly

Grand.

I've made a note to drop you a line when they (they being anything where the words "navy" and "knit" coincide) are closer to completion.

Never heard of Scott & Charters before. A good name to know, it seems.