• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you please provide me with some pictures I am looking for a dark green but am open to other Colors

Sure!

We have a size equivalent to US 48 in both https://www.sehkelly.com/balmacaan-in-donegal-tweed-in-walnut/ and https://www.sehkelly.com/balmacaan/balmacaan-in-donegal-tweed-in-blue-grey/.

It might also be worth checking the "pit to pit" on an overcoat you have currently and which fits you well. The balmacaan is quite capacious, you see, so even in XL it might fair okay.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure!

We have a size equivalent to US 48 in both https://www.sehkelly.com/balmacaan-in-donegal-tweed-in-walnut/ and https://www.sehkelly.com/balmacaan/balmacaan-in-donegal-tweed-in-blue-grey/.

It might also be worth checking the "pit to pit" on an overcoat you have currently and which fits you well. The balmacaan is quite capacious, you see, so even in XL it might fair okay.
These are recent made to measure suede safari jacket measurements I would like the balmacaan to be a bit looser in the chest compared to this

Attachments

• 1EB681A4-2E18-404E-B2A4-80EFF0CED971.jpeg
    1EB681A4-2E18-404E-B2A4-80EFF0CED971.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 95

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
These are recent made to measure suede safari jacket measurements I would like the balmacaan to be a bit looser in the chest compared to this

Yep — the balmacaan in XL (the new ones, in dark green and grey and all the rest of it) are comfortably larger than that.

Alterias

Reaction score
Speaking of one-piece sleeves, the trench coat in Herdwick tweed is now complete (the photograph below is NOT the same cloth but much the same).

View attachment 1701235

They are exactly as hoped, but fit small on account of ...

(a) the stupendous thickness of the cloth, and

(b) the cloth shrinking during the making of the coats because, well, that's what special, small-scale, single-width artisan tweed made with the organic wool of heritage-breed sheep tends often to do ... but which I forgot at the outset.

So if you are an M like me, size L really will be the only way to go.

The cloth is slightly less thick than that of the balmacaans this year, but the yarn is much, much harder (the grizzled and wild Herdwick beasts versus the plump and cloud-like merino sweeties).

Will the trench come in differents colors or only in brown?

Csus2

Reaction score
Will this lighter version be intended as a rain coat for the spring and summer?

Csus2

Reaction score
Does this mean the return of the weatherproof ripstop? I still ogle the one in sand from time to time.

shunese

Reaction score

what's the difference between the two versions for the difference in price?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

what's the difference between the two versions for the difference in price?

The older one (blue) was developed in 2019-2020 which is a different business environment to 2020-2021, at least in London.

We wouldn't want to raise the price of the older one for parity, though, as it seems unfair to anyone who might've been eyeing it up in previous months.

Last edited:

Macryu

Reaction score
Beautiful sweaters, as always. Does this iteration include the side pockets? I don't see them in the description on the site, but they do appear in the modeled pictures.

Csus2

Reaction score
I recall Paul saying that they abandoned the pockets this year; I think the "wear" photos are simply of past models.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads