• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RozenKristal

Reaction score
In non-balmacaan news, we've just put online this summer's version of the polo shirt ...

... which is much the same as previous years, but with a tweak here and there to the collar and the length of sleeves (they're longer).

View attachment 1610768View attachment 1610769View attachment 1610770View attachment 1610771View attachment 1610772View attachment 1610773

For some reason it looks better than in previous years with the collar open. Not sure why. Just sits nice. We'll try to bottle that magic for future!
Prob cause the mannequin age well as well

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh no, are you going all styleforummy?
Like, wider shoulders in comparison to the waist?
Just a slightly beefier mannequin on account of the existing lad having a loose left shoulder, a missing left hand, and a missing little finger on that hand.

Plus he fell on his face the other weekend and is a bit squidged on one side.

It's just all too much.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just a slightly beefier mannequin on account of the existing lad having a loose left shoulder, a missing left hand, and a missing little finger on that hand.

Plus he fell on his face the other weekend and is a bit squidged on one side.

It's just all too much.
... for photographs, for the website, this is. For development we only ever use the old Kennett & Lindsell forms.

ojaw

Reaction score
Y’know, Oscar would pour all kinds of resources into rebuilding this guy…

Demronick

Reaction score
We were fortunate today to convince a simple but well-meaning local man to wear the balmacaan (the sample of) both with and without belt.

View attachment 1609997View attachment 1609995View attachment 1609996View attachment 1609998

There's a handful more at https://sehkel.ly/bal/, and more to come, bit by bit, over the weekend.
Hi Paul,

Is the sample about the same length of the new SF Balmacaan Coat? What is the height and maybe measurements of the kind local man?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Paul,

Is the sample about the same length of the new SF Balmacaan Coat? What is the height and maybe measurements of the kind local man?
That info is on the order page of the website:

"The gent here is 6'1", 11 stone, and 40 in the chest. The balmacaan he's happily wearing here, then, over a thick woollen shirt and lambswool sweater, is a size M."

Demronick

Reaction score
That info is on the order page of the website:

"The gent here is 6'1", 11 stone, and 40 in the chest. The balmacaan he's happily wearing here, then, over a thick woollen shirt and lambswool sweater, is a size M."
Thanks appreciate the info

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there a timeline on the shorts this season, Paul?
The timeline is short! They are all made and ready to go — I just need to photograph them.

We've based them on the slim trousers this year, and we've made them in the same cotton-linen hopsack as the pyjama jacket (the two colours at the top of https://sehkelly.com/pyjama) as well as in the usual linen burlap in dark navy.

All being well, we've have them online within a couple of weeks.

weriker

Reaction score
Well, I took the chance and have put in the pre-order for the balmacaan just in time. There was some inner debating about the colour but I eventually settled for the dark green.

Mid-grey is very interesting as well and I probably would have gone for that if I only wore jeans or dark coloured trousers. But as I have a fair amount of grey flannel trousers and I think that dark green works better in a little bit more "formal" context, I went for this colour. Besides, I really like dark green in a clothing context and the coloured specks make this cloth interesting.

Reactions: MaE

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I took the chance and have put in the pre-order for the balmacaan just in time. There was some inner debating about the colour but I eventually settled for the dark green.
Many thanks!

I have high hopes that the dark green will make for a stupendously excellent big coat, and with the great texture of the cloth offset, indeed, by how dark it is.

Luellwitz

Reaction score

Mid-grey is very interesting as well and I probably would have gone for that if I only wore jeans or dark coloured trousers. But as I have a fair amount of grey flannel trousers and I think that dark green works better in a little bit more "formal" context, I went for this colour. Besides, I really like dark green in a clothing context and the coloured specks make this cloth interesting.
I did the same. I felt it was more versatile. Should look good with jeans and a sweater as well as a suit.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.