• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And in other news, we have a few new knitted articles at the workshop right.

The cardigan is the same as previous years (most notably with the sleeve being half raglan and half set in, and the heavy knitted elbow patch) ... apart now we have lowered the break quite a bit. I can't quite recall the thinking behind this, as I decided it a year ago, but I like the result: the cardigan seems more easy and relaxed.

cardigan-cotton-tuck-charcoal-8s@2x.jpg
cardigan-cotton-tuck-charcoal-6s@2x.jpg
cardigan-cotton-tuck-charcoal-5s@2x.jpg
cardigan-cotton-tuck-admiral-blue-9s@2x.jpg
cardigan-cotton-tuck-admiral-blue-11s@2x.jpg
cardigan-cotton-tuck-admiral-blue-3s@2x.jpg
cardigan-cotton-tuck-admiral-blue-2s@2x.jpg

And then the ... t-shirt. If only there was a better name. To quote some blurb-head on the website, "a t-shirt, this, sure — if you want to be technical about it. But it is a t-shirt from an alternative history of the t-shirt, where rather than from about 1950 racing to the bottom — the basic that bunks now with socks and pants — it became instead a classic, enduring, and crowning measure for traditional knitting."

t-shirt-cotton-knit-hadal-blue-6s@2x.jpg
t-shirt-cotton-knit-hadal-blue-5s@2x.jpg
t-shirt-cotton-knit-hadal-blue-4s@2x.jpg
t-shirt-cotton-knit-barley-3s@2x.jpg
t-shirt-cotton-knit-barley-5s@2x.jpg
t-shirt-cotton-knit-hadal-blue-2s@2x.jpg

They're all hand-framed with super-soft cotton and joyously slinky to behold.

Spinster Jones

Reaction score
In my opinion that behemoth is a milestone. I hope you have plans to let it reappear more often. And calling it a t-shirt is not doing it justice...

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Short sleeve jersey?
As a Canadier I may have stepped on some cultural toes, but I’m sure someone will let me know if it sounds weird.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Short sleeve jersey?
As a Canadier I may have stepped on some cultural toes, but I’m sure someone will let me know if it sounds weird.

I like the sound of jersey. I haven't considered it as a term for t-shirt / sweater in years.

I'll file that one away for sure!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here we are, then — here's a sample of the all-new full-length balmacaan, which we made over the weekend ...

bal-style-1a@2x.jpg

The cloth, as mentioned yesterday — please so forgive the repetition! — is a woollen herringbone cloth that's quite similar to the "wide" Donegal tweed, but lighter in weight and not as chunky in appearance (not to mention the absence of flecks).

Thanks to the folks who have been in touch about pre-ordering. We're looking forward very much to getting the ball rolling.

(And thanks also to whomever bore a hole in the wall.)

RozenKristal

Reaction score
Red
Here we are, then — here's a sample of the all-new full-length balmacaan, which we made over the weekend ...

View attachment 1603697

The cloth, as mentioned yesterday — please so forgive the repetition! — is a woollen herringbone cloth that's quite similar to the "wide" Donegal tweed, but lighter in weight and not as chunky in appearance (not to mention the absence of flecks).

Thanks to the folks who have been in touch about pre-ordering. We're looking forward very much to getting the ball rolling.

Do we wait for an excel spreadsheet and put in our infor for the preordering process or we contact you through email?

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great Paul. How are you going to handle the belt? Similar to the trench (i.e. won't look out of place if we remove the belt?)

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great Paul. How are you going to handle the belt? Similar to the trench (i.e. won't look out of place if we remove the belt?)

Cheers!

The current state of thinking with the belt is that we'll include a belt and a set of belt loops for customers to stitch on should they so wish.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's the ticket. Have you any pictures of the collar up and fastened on a mannequin (wooden or otherwise)?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads