• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Keeping up the uncharacteristically keen pace with new releases for the warmer weather, the popover "went live" yesterday.

Brighter colours than usual ...

popover-shirt-linen-suiting-blue-2s@2x.jpg

popover-shirt-linen-suiting-ochre-7s@2x.jpg

popover-shirt-linen-suiting-ochre-2s@2x.jpg
popover-shirt-linen-suiting-blue-3s@2x.jpg

Plus a pocket which opens in two different ways (also known as "two pockets on top of each other").

popover-shirt-linen-suiting-blue-6s@2x.jpg
popover-shirt-linen-suiting-ochre-5s@2x.jpg

We have honed the fit, so it is closer to our normal shirts, and have changed the depth of the neck opening, which now also has two buttons rather than one (so can be buttoned higher to look potentially smarter).

The cloth is the same linen suiting as used in several years previous. It is very much in the "doesn't look like much but wait 'til you've live it with" category of cloth — it is much less crease and shrink-resistant than any other linen we've ever encountered, mostly on account of being top-grade linen wrapped up in a package of sanforisation and mercerisation during finishing.

It is substantial, so isn't something I'd eagerly wear in the height of summer, but any time between now and July, and the early weeks of August, it really comes into its own.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is it two pockets or one pocket with two entries?
I thought I was being blase in my description when I wrote that sentence!

To quote a more reliable source (me on https://sehkelly.com/popover-in-linen-suiting-in-horizon-blue/ yesterday) — "There's a patch on the left side as worn, which houses two pockets. The larger but less obvious of the two is accessible from the top of the patch; the other has jetted entry. They're separate pockets, if that's unclear. The former is the more secure of the two, given its proximity to the large flap above."

10dence

Reaction score
I thus suggest instead you get bigger pockets, or leave the cap on your head at all times.
Bigger pockets are always on my wishlist. It's not too late to add them to your spring offerings is it?

RozenKristal

Reaction score
I dare say whatever we design, whenever it is designed, will be substantially different to those glorious titans of the knitwear world.
After owning the 10 ply sweater and looked around some of the well known brands I possess, I think SEH has already joined the giants

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That's too kind.

Speaking of knitwear, though, we have the polo shirt, v-neck, and cardigan coming back in a few weeks, all of them in cotton. We've honed the shape and fit as usual, and of those three, the cardigan has undergone the most extensive revision, which is to lower its break by about two inches.

Plus a t-shirt — a knitted one, two-ply cotton, fully fashioned, and quite different to what most people think of when they think of a t-shirt. I think we need a new name for it, in truth!

I've been wearing one for a few weeks, along with the new watch cap in cotton, and quite enjoyed it. It's the first "under layer" we've made, and which it's substantially heavier than a typical t-shirt, it's nice to wear with an open shirt right now (like, a corduroy one) and then perhaps with a jacket in the spring.

Hardly sartorial rocket-science, I know, propounding the idea of wearing a t-shirt with a jacket, but in the world of S.E.H Kelly, it's a step forward, and it opens up a few new options.

WizardVigilante

Reaction score
Just snagged the slim, small in sand. Was there a return? I could have sworn I was cursing the gods a while back that you were all out. I have them in umber which my wife lovingly refers to as my airship captain pants.

Last edited:

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just snagged the slim, small in sand. Was there a return? I could have sworn I was cursing the gods a while back that you were all out. I have them in umber which my wife lovingly refers to as my airship captain pants.

You didn't imagine it, Captain.

I'd set aside a pair to photograph but not got around to putting them back into stock.

Thanks!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.