• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any other colours for the wool duck canvas proper trousers in the make? Also any other proper trousers planed?
Alas not, no — the wool duck canvas is one of those materials, I think, destined to be admired and respected rather than loved. It's a great cloth with a unique heritage and backstory, but it doesn't translate too well in the medium of website.

We've no more proper trousers planned this year, but the standard trouser (which is a similar cut, but tapers more from the knee down) is coming back next month in a heavy woollen, a lighter-weight woollen, and some nice cotton canvas. A good, broad range to see us through winter, I hope!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you I am looking forward to see the new version !
Cheers. I will endeavour to share a photo or two of the new cloth when I'm back at the factory later this week.

The Larch

Reaction score
So, about that previously mentioned navy peacoat in M that was for sale a page or two back...

I bought it. It arrived perfectly. And...

Turns out it's entirely too large for me. Anyone else around here looking for a navy peacoat in M / 40?

Linky

Cheers.

steve2318

Reaction score
Good Evening,

Will there be any more versions of the Work Jacket available this Fall/Winter. Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Steve

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good Evening,

Will there be any more versions of the Work Jacket available this Fall/Winter. Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Steve
Afraid not, Steve, no.

We the work jacket quite a lot over the past few years, so as the collection has grown, it's now having a well-earned breather. Plus the trucker jacket, which came out last month, is a similar sort of thing (and earlier in the year, the engineer jacket, which is arguably a work jacket in all but name).

So it's having a break!

We do have the donkey jacket upcoming, however. It's basically a work jacket but a bit longer and chunkier for the colder months. It's about one week away, hopefully, from appearing on the site.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So, about that previously mentioned navy peacoat in M that was for sale a page or two back...

I bought it. It arrived perfectly. And...

Turns out it's entirely too large for me. Anyone else around here looking for a navy peacoat in M / 40?

Linky

Cheers.
We've had a few people saying the peacoat is fitting large. We didn't make any changes to it this year, compared to last year, so it's come as quite a surprise.

My working theory is that, since it's still pretty hot everywhere, people are trying it on without all the thick and chunky layers they'll be wearing this time next month. And ergo it seems to be too bit for them.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
could you comment on how warm the wool duck canvas trousers are? The fabric seems really heavy, but I guess other factors will play in as well.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
could you comment on how warm the wool duck canvas trousers are? The fabric seems really heavy, but I guess other factors will play in as well.

I'd say it's halfway between a heavy worsted suiting and a mid-weight woollen flannel.

Good autumn and spring cloth, and also winter, depending on your climate. I'd wear the trousers without a second-thought all the time between now and March, here in London, not only because of the cloth but also the sturdiness of the trouser (lined, thick and deep waistband).

gnu

Reaction score
Will the Parka Major be making a return this FW?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will the Parka Major be making a return this FW?
Indeed it will.

And we've made a few improvements to it — both fit and design — so it'll be a good upgrade on the last time we did it.

The cloth will be a good 'un, too — it'll be the heavy cotton sail-cloth that we used for the slim trouser (http://sehkelly.com/slim) last month. We're making it in navy and in mustard (quite a bright, like a brand new jar of Colman's).

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The duffle coat is back this week, too.

It is top of mind right now because I have misplaced one single toggle somewhere at this here factory and can't put the docket to bed until I find it.

duffle-coat-wool-melton-camel-3@2x (1).jpg
duffle-coat-wool-melton-dark-navy-12@2x.jpg
duffle-coat-wool-melton-dark-navy-2@2x.jpg
duffle-coat-wool-melton-dark-navy-11@2x (1).jpg
duffle-coat-wool-melton-camel-7@2x.jpg
duffle-coat-wool-melton-camel-9@2x.jpg
duffle-coat-wool-melton-dark-navy-13@2x.jpg

It's the same as last year, only with a tweak to the pockets (which were two-way last year, but have been pared back to single, top-down access again, like the old days) and a few other very minor alterations here and there.

Back in stock at time of writing!

We also still have a handful of the lambswool Elysian ones made last year (and which never went online, and thus became "workshop exclusive", which isn't as good as it sounds when the workshop is so rarely open to the public).

Last edited:

Thibault S

Reaction score
The duffle coat is back this week, too.

It is top of mind right now because I have misplaced one single toggle somewhere at this here factory and can't put the docket to bed until I find it.

View attachment 1463028View attachment 1463029View attachment 1463030View attachment 1463031View attachment 1463032View attachment 1463033View attachment 1463034

It's the same as last year, only with a tweak to the pockets (which were two-way last year, but have been pared back to single, top-down access again, like the old days) and a few other very minor alterations here and there.

Back in stock at time of writing!

We also still have a handful of the lambswool Elysian ones made last year (and which never went online, and thus became "workshop exclusives", which isn't as good as it sounds when the workshop is so rarely open to the public).
I am a happy owner of the navy Elysian duffle coat and can attest of its greatness.

10dence

Reaction score
For the ultimate in winter layering, it's totally doable to wear the balmacaan over the peacoat. Speaking of peacoats fitting large.

ojaw

Reaction score
Around here, "for the ultimate in winter layering" you need to throw fashion out the window if you're not spending all your time moving between a car and a garage. SEH stuff is beautiful but it's three season only for me.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's