• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

moimael

Reaction score
Cheers! I struggle coming to terms with higher breaks on single-breasted coats of this ilk. I think as a tall, thin person they increase the likelihood of my being mistaken for a pencil.
Does the lower gorge mean a lower button stance as well? Or did you shorten the lapels? (I don't mind a lower gorge but they look very low here, maybe because the gorge isn't an open notch)

sehkelly

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does the lower gorge mean a lower button stance as well? Or did you shorten the lapels? (I don't mind a lower gorge but they look very low here, maybe because the gorge isn't an open notch)
Both. Compared to the Chesterfield last year (e.g. https://www.sehkelly.com/chesterfield-in-woollen-bedford-cord-in-charcoal/) the gorge is an inch lower (more akin now to https://www.sehkelly.com/tielocken-in-woollen-bedford-cord-in-malt/) and likewise the break (thus the starting point for the buttons).

We like to stretch and squeeze proportions this way and that.

Gordoo

Reaction score
Any update on when the tielocken will roll out? Colors and material? Also, any chance of the topcoat making a comeback this year? Sorry if questions have been answered.

sehkelly

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any update on when the tielocken will roll out? Colors and material? Also, any chance of the topcoat making a comeback this year? Sorry if questions have been answered.
These are new questions to me at least!

The tielocken is having a well-earned break, but should make an appearance next year (around this time, I should think).

The topcoat, however, has been retired, and won't come back again. Its best parts will find their way into other coats and jackets over time.

augustinN

Reaction score
Hello ! I seem to remember that some new shirts were announced for the end of August, are they still in the cards ? Or am I mistaken ?
Thanks and cheers

sehkelly

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You're not mistaken, sir.

We have a bunch of new shirts *just made* — in corduroy and in moleskin. They need the final few touches, and buttons, but they should be online by this time next week if not before.

And then we have some others, which we'll start making in a few weeks (they're the same shirt as the newly made ones, but with different collars which took / are taking longer to get right than intended). The pick of the cloth for these is this a super-fine merino oxford, woven just for us, which we have in this colour (below) and a mottled blue / navy.

aw20-fox-merino-cloth-2@2x.jpg
aw20-fox-merino-cloth-1@2x.jpg

It is incredibly fine and soft, and being merino has the miraculous "warm when you're cold; cool when you're hot" property.

sehkelly

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The moleskin shirts have the standard collar, which we've done for many years. However, as with the rest of the shirt, we've refined it so that it's a *slightly* different shape, and has a tendency more now to lie slightly convex than concave. More like an overshirt collar, I guess (inadvertently pretty close to https://www.sehkelly.com/field-shirt-in-cotton-linen-hopsack-in-cobalt-blue/).

The corduroy shirt will have the granddad (i.e. no) collar.

And then the new ones, which are still yet to be made, will have a button-down collar, but with the buttons hidden. The shape will be the same as the standard collar, but slightly larger and extended at the front to counterbalance the effect of the button-downing.

And one last one — a semi-cutaway collar, with the same gentle curve to its tips as the standard collar.

augustinN

Reaction score
Thanks for all the details on the new merino shirts, looking forward to seeing them ! So they should land by the end of September, or is it too early to tell?

sehkelly

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the details on the new merino shirts, looking forward to seeing them ! So they should land by the end of September, or is it too early to tell?
Any time!

It is always very heartening to have people interested in what we do.

The cord and moleskin ones are finished so should be online next week. The others ... yes, I'd say towards the end of September, depending on how much progress we make with other things (the peacoat, duffle, balmacaan, field shirt, Chesterfield, etc. etc.).

Thomas_M

Reaction score
You're not mistaken, sir.

We have a bunch of new shirts *just made* — in corduroy and in moleskin. They need the final few touches, and buttons, but they should be online by this time next week if not before.

And then we have some others, which we'll start making in a few weeks (they're the same shirt as the newly made ones, but with different collars which took / are taking longer to get right than intended). The pick of the cloth for these is this a super-fine merino oxford, woven just for us, which we have in this colour (below) and a mottled blue / navy.

View attachment 1450921View attachment 1450922

It is incredibly fine and soft, and being merino has the miraculous "warm when you're cold; cool when you're hot" property.
A Fox super-fine merino oxford in a natural colour like this, count me in =)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.