• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

10dence

Reaction score
In this instance waterproof was a good thing at least, I've been searching for nice trousers for when the weather turns foul. Trousers that don't look like I'm on my way to a hiking trail or a mountain expedition, sponsored by gore-tex.
That's a niche I've found very few trousers in.

For the people that don't want weatherproof clothing, it's a fair warning that maybe other fabrics might suit them better.
The vast majority of my closet is chosen based on other criteria, this will be my first piece from you that I can think of where I've even considered it.

10dence

Reaction score
Bittersweet, feels like I bullied you into doing something you were opposed to!

On another note I'd like to bother you with the same question as always. Could you please tell us what more you have lined up for this month?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In the next month, all being well ...

We'll have made a good bunch of new shirts. There's some moleskin, some corduroy, some super-fine merino (my favourite) and some thick white oxford-like cotton (the cotton spun in England, which doesn't happen every day, and in fact hasn't really happened at all for at least a half-century).

We've tweaked the shirt a little, and have introduced some new collars. We are trying out the collars now, and so long as they work out as planned, we'll have at least two new ones on the site before September. (And if they don't work out, it's granddads all the way!)

Perhaps the field shirt in tweed.

Also perhaps, hopefully, the duffle coat and / or peacoat.

It's all a little up in the air, as half of the mills and factories with whom we work are on full or partial holiday this month. Plus the pandemic.

10dence

Reaction score
Thanks! So nothing more this month? Then I hope you haven't shipped my trousers yet...

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received my Tielocken last week. Paul's hand-typed letter was appreciated, as is the craftsmanship of the coat. It is indeed a large, bathrobe-style garment, even at my height (6'3"), which is precisely what I was going for. Despite being an XL it manages to remain tailored in the arms, shoulder and and body. The canvas-lined pockets are a nice touch, and I've already made use of the matching tote. I look forward to pulling this out this winter.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Received my Tielocken last week. Paul's hand-typed letter was appreciated, as is the craftsmanship of the coat. It is indeed a large, bathrobe-style garment, even at my height (6'3"), which is precisely what I was going for. Despite being an XL it manages to remain tailored in the arms, shoulder and and body. The canvas-lined pockets are a nice touch, and I've already made use of the matching tote. I look forward to pulling this out this winter.

Great to hear.

The tielocken is a favourite of mine.

The pocketing we use these days is the same cloth we use for our most staple shirt — e.g. https://www.sehkelly.com/shirt-with-granddad-collar-in-desert-cotton-in-ecru/. It is very tough cloth!

RozenKristal

Reaction score
I am patiently waiting for the peacoat :3 Hopefully the next tielocken has a color similar to malt. It feels extremely cozy imo ._.

10dence

Reaction score
Wish I could pull off the tielocken and similar garments. The trench coat in bedford cord is one of my favourite garments ever to look at. But I just can't imagine myself wearing one, the fault lying entirely with me of course.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wish I could pull off the tielocken and similar garments. The trench coat in bedford cord is one of my favourite garments ever to look at. But I just can't imagine myself wearing one, the fault lying entirely with me of course.

Funnily enough, especially the trench — or rather, *a* trench; trenches in general — I classify as being good on almost everyone.

Certainly the one-piece raglan sleeve is entirely physique-agnostic!

shunese

Reaction score
Are there any plans for more cardigans this season? No more XS ? + Anyone who has the piece can share how the pockets fare? Like putting smartphone.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are there any plans for more cardigans this season? No more XS ? + Anyone who has the piece can share how the pockets fare? Like putting smartphone.

Sorry — the cardigan is taking a rest for at least the rest of the year.

(For what it's worth, the pockets are very deep, and a mobile phone is the least of its storage potential. You'd have to bend over to the point of being upside-down for it to tip out.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics