• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RCD33

Reaction score
I'm looking to pass on my gray hopsack tweed balmacaan, size M from fall 2018, and figured this thread might be the place to do it. It's also posted in the classifieds if you'd like to see additional photos.

An amazing coat, but because of some mis-sizing on my end it's just never quite fit correctly. Regardless, I love it enough that I'll be picking up a (correctly-sized) replacement from Paul whenever they arrive later this year.

Attachments

Thibault S

Reaction score
I'm looking to pass on my gray hopsack tweed balmacaan, size M from fall 2018, and figured this thread might be the place to do it. It's also posted in the classifieds if you'd like to see additional photos.

An amazing coat, but because of some mis-sizing on my end it's just never quite fit correctly. Regardless, I love it enough that I'll be picking up a (correctly-sized) replacement from Paul whenever they arrive later this year.
Is this the Charcoal one?

sehkelly

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is this the Charcoal one?
If it helps, it's the previous version in the hand-woven tweed from the Mourne Mountains in Northern Ireland: as special a cloth as we will ever use.

It's the same in style as the tweed one on our website, only with a detachable collar latch, and the fit is more snug (mostly because it's a seriously chunky tweed).

Thibault S

Reaction score
If it helps, it's the previous version in the hand-woven tweed from the Mourne Mountains in Northern Ireland: as special a cloth as we will ever use.

It's the same in style as the tweed one on our website, only with a detachable collar latch, and the fit is more snug (mostly because it's a seriously chunky tweed).
It is what I thought, but wanted to be sure as the light shows it lighter than in my memories.

Thomas_M

Reaction score

Gorgeous!
I have been lurking to snatch one, too bad it's not my size (XS).

Looking forward to this coming winter edition.

RCD33

Reaction score
Thanks for the extra information Paul! I'd say it's somewhat closer in color to yours than my own photo, which was taken in a pretty bright afternoon light. Chunky is an apt description though, and special indeed.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.