• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gordoo

Reaction score
How much longer will it be in size XS? And is that the only thing that has changed in terms of measurements?

sehkelly

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How much longer will it be in size XS? And is that the only thing that has changed in terms of measurements?
I don't have the measurements in front of me, but it's about 3-4 inches longer. (I'll check tomorrow at the factory and report back.)

And the whole coat is cut a little larger, as the one recurring and memorable point of feedback last year was that it was cut too neat to be a truly effective, all-encompassing overcoat in the marked size (meaning people had to go up a size to achieve the effect).

aseo45

Reaction score
Hi All, I have this year's balmacaan in navy-grey size small that I'm looking to sell, as I took advantage of the granite grey becoming available again. I've worn the coat once for a 15 minute walk, and is therefore in essentially new condition. Please message me if interested.

sehkelly

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@sehkelly Paul, is the chef's jacket near completion? Curious how that will come out.
Me too!

They're made now — and to be photographed in a few days.

We made it in two colours — both reversible, with one side moleskin and the other side worsted canvas. One colour is black, and the other is dark navy.

And they have the removable butchers buttons, which is quite good fun, because you have switch the buttons around and have, say, one column of buttons and one column of brass rings (the reverse side of the buttons). And then, when you flip the jacket inside-out, you can move the buttons around and configure them in another way.

All in all, it's a very sober-looking jacket (because of the minimal style and the colour) which hides quite a lot of fun.

sehkelly

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was right (for once) — the new length is 43.5 inches (110cm).

sehkelly

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The two new tielockens are now flaunting their hefty woollen wares at http://sehkelly.com/coats.

In other news, being now all out of heavy coats to photograph, I've been working on finishing off the new cooks jacket.

It is a little bit different, being reversible, with buttons which can pop out and be reversed, and, well ... being a cooks jacket. A departure from our recent oeuvre.

cooks-navy-3@2x.jpg
cooks-navy-a-pocket@2x.jpg
cooks-navy-a-raglan@2x.jpg
cooks-navy-a-sleeves@2x.jpg
cooks-navy-b-butcher@2x.jpg
cooks-navy-2@2x.jpg

Paul

RozenKristal

Reaction score
The two new tielockens are now flaunting their hefty woollen wares at http://sehkelly.com/coats.

In other news, being now all out of heavy coats to photograph, I've been working on finishing off the new cooks jacket.

It is a little bit different, being reversible, with buttons which can pop out and be reversed, and, well ... being a cooks jacket. A departure from our recent oeuvre.

View attachment 1284357View attachment 1284360View attachment 1284361View attachment 1284362View attachment 1284364View attachment 1284358

Paul
This is some cool shit O,O

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any new accessories coming? The old watch caps looked spectacular. Anything like that in charcoal /black would be a winner.

sehkelly

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
any new accessories coming? The old watch caps looked spectacular. Anything like that in charcoal /black would be a winner.
We have some new watch caps here at the workshop, which are much the same as last year, but tweaked to make them a bit more interesting and textured.

Not in charcoal this time, though — though you're not the first to suggest it! — but rather light grey and biscuit / brown.

They're geelong lambswool, as most of our knitwear.

We've also made some scarves in cashmere-cotton, with design much as https://www.sehkelly.com/scarf-in-navy-lambswool-tuck-stitch/ but made a little longer, and now a "tubular" construction so they're in effect double-layered. Beautifully soft things, they are: the yarn really is top of the top.

And finally, after half a decade of threatening it, we have ... the balaclava. Not for the faint hearted. It'll be online in a couple of weeks.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The work jacket arrived yesterday! As great as it looks new, I can't wait to see it broken in.
(Please excuse the cramped quarters and dirty mirror of my bathroom)

EDIT: clicked insert image 5 times too many smh
View attachment 1280245
This is so good Paul.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%