1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ryan Gosling suit/shirt/shoe combination in Crazy Stupid Love--what do you think of this look for a

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Farmgate, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Farmgate

Farmgate Well-Known Member

I am invited to another party at an office mate's home, with no word on the dress code, but all different kinds of ages and styles attending, together with higher-ups. I absolutely hate the idea of jeans, sweaters plus all of my blazers are either worn-looking or out of season, and I don't want to go looking like all the other guys in dockers of Rocksports.

I recall that Ryan Gosling looked superb in the pizza-eating scene in "Crazy Stupid Love". He wore an overall green suit with contrasting reddish tan shoes, plus custom-made sport shirt.

His belt almost matched the shoes. Again, due to the slimness of the suit, and cut of the jacket, I thought it looked great, a suit that was sporty, suave.

I have a slim Zegna, steel blue suit and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether I can wear a similar ensemble to the house party, and not look terribly overdressed. I expect most people there to be in dress pants, sweaters, dockers or dressy casual, whatever that is.

Finally, can I wear lighter, contrasting reddish-tan shoes with a steel blue Zegna at night?

Again thank you for any advice or suggestions.

[ATTACHMENT=1579]untitled.bmp (148k. bmp file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=1580]

RyanGoslingSelima.png (286k. png file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011

2. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

flicks of your suit/shoes??
    (but sounds do-able)

3. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

4. add911_11

add911_11 Distinguished Member

Go for it even the jacket is too short

5. Farmgate

Farmgate Well-Known Member

[ATTACHMENT=1583]zegna.bmp (149k. bmp file)[/ATTACHMENT]

The suit looks like this, yet a bit shorter. I know sheen is a bad word around here, but it looks pretty cool. I am 5'8 155 lbs.

6. jcriswel

jcriswel Senior Member

Sheen is frowned upon for conservative business dress. Otherwise, I like it. Need more panache generally.

7. miccrispy

miccrispy New Member

Helpful thread. Found the shoes. I could never pull off that color suite though.