• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Running Wilde - Mitch Hurwitz, Will Arnett

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

confused.gif

A few good jokes. Also some lame stuff.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Meh

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arrested Development it's not...but I feel it is steadily growing more funny. I just watched 4 TiVo'd episodes in a row and the one where GOB, I mean, Steve finds a "father figure" in Andy Richter was hilarious.

I'll continue to watch...maybe it will bust a Community and get really good as time goes on.

Also, Fa'ad = awesome

BossTweed

Reaction score
Saw the first couple episodes. I think the Gob act gets tiring if it's on screen all the time. The humor becomes a bit too predictable without other quirky/funny characters in their to mix it up. We'll see.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
community has sucked the last 2 episodes.

I wouldn't say they sucked IMO, but they def are not up to par. I feel season 2 is way better than season 1 though.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and it needs more David Cross (RW, not Community).

Yo-han

Reaction score
Think it started off abit slow but is getting better and better. And although i love Will Arnett, Fa'ad/Serafinowicz is the real star of the show.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
community has sucked the last 2 episodes.

I think the last episode had to be the worst one yet. Watch todd margret. It has David Cross and Will Arnett(him being an asshole, which I love). It's on IFC or on dl.

GiZMO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Has potential. Basically a show built around Gob Bluth.

"Illusions, Michael. Tricks are what a whore does for money... or candy."

When I first saw this thread I was going to post this. I think Arnett's been hilarious in all things he's worked with especially with the SNL people.

darnelled

Reaction score
I had high hopes after loving Arrested Development, but have been mostly disappointed so far with this. Parks and Rec grew on me eventually, so who knows?

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a Arrested Development fan, I had high hopes for this show but its been pretty terrible and I don't have any hope that this show gets any better especially after reading the Vulture's interview with Running Wilde's show runner.

In the interview, Mitch Hurwitz reveals that Fox made him do 8 rewrites of the show until they basically stripped away all those qualities that the AD fans loved. Why even approach the creator of AD in the first place if you don't want him to do another AD and just want another run of the mill comedy? The irony is that FX usually does such a good job shepherding shows and actually gives good notes to their producers, and FOX seems like they really blew it with their show notes for this show.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously, can Will Arnett be anything to us besides Gob?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads