• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

runners that don't lift and lifters that don't run..

kalye

Reaction score
what are each extreme missing out on? if you had to pick one..

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'd run and not lift. You can do plenty of things that build up muscle endurance, power, and strength, with no weights, just, the ground. There is no way you can build up cardio with no running. You can do other cardio exercises, but I'm assuming that using other machinery would be cheating, yes?

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Swimming > running.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me running feels like an absolute chore. Any time I'm doing cardio I'm constantly looking at the clock waiting for it to be over. Lifting weights is fun.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know which is better for overall health but I will say this. When I lift but do no cardio, I maintain my shape and don't gain any weight. When I do cardio but don't life, I tend to get a little fleshy.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't lift you won't look aesthetic. You can maintain low levels of bf% with no conditioning. Squartz and prowler ftw.

Last edited:

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For me running feels like an absolute chore. Any time I'm doing cardio I'm constantly looking at the clock waiting for it to be over. Lifting weights is fun.

opposite for me

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I prefer to just do cardio (run and bike), but I've started to see and feel the benefits from lifting, too.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If only one, definitely weights. You can get a damn good cardio workout in with kettlebells, and the extra work will make keeping fit easier. I have to work my ass off now to stay fit despite training for ultra distance races in the different sports.

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
Athletic*. And that's not true, it varies from person to person. I know many people who just run, and knew many in high school who just ran and looked plenty athletic.

As for me I'd just run.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Athletic*. And that's not true, it varies from person to person. I know many people who just run, and knew many in high school who just ran and looked plenty athletic.

As for me I'd just run.

Strong lack of knowledge of vocabulary.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean't to use the word aesthetic.

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
I see, I made a mistake, I happen to know that word.

Good luck in a life and career in which you extrapolate from one data point!

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't extrapolate from 1 point, but yeah cool.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 55 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.8%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%