rugby solid university oxfords

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by randomkoreandude, Feb 19, 2009.

1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

anyone have any of the oxford sport shirts from rugby?

http://rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?prod...goryId=3372180

wondering how slim they fit if at all. would a small compare to an H&M easy iron small or a jcrew secret wash small?

i know heard that Rugby is slimmer than Polo custom fit oxfords but are they shorter because Polo custom fit sports shirt are too long to wear without tucking in.

thanks

2. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

They are too long to wear untucked, at least for me. I'm 5'9"ish and I wear a small. They are also not appreciably slimmer in the body than J. Crew tailored fit oxfords (both measure 20" p2p).

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

they are slightly slimmer than j crew but nowhere near band of outsiders or hickey

the fabrics/collars are superior to j crew

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

thanks yeah i wanted to wear these out not tucked so i guess this is a dead end.

appreciate the help

5. skiwebster

skiwebster Senior member

I sort of agree. Although I feel they are a good deal smaller than J Crew's shirts. I wear smalls in J Crew but a small in a rugby oxford is too tight for me. I mean it fits and all, but I'm pretty sure if it ever shrinks, I wouldn't be able to get it on. Rugby's length is actually longer than J Crew's however, so you definetly have to tuck it in.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

RL's Rugby line is slimmer than their Custom Fit shirts right?

7. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

FWIW:
    Rugby small OCBD
    [​IMG]

BoO small OCBD
    [​IMG]

I've also been in the market for nice OCBD's that have a BoO-like fit, and I think there are better options than Rugby. Hickey, as well as Kent Wang x Thick as Thieves make oxfords that are closer to a BoO fit.

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

the solid colored oxfords are slimmer than the striped ones. the solid one is short enough for me to wear untucked (6'1 for reference) in a M

9. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

they are slightly slimmer than j crew
    Maybe I have a different cut, but I just measured and my Rugby University Oxford from last summer has the same chest measurements as a J. Crew oxford I got last month.

10. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Senior member

FWIW:
    Rugby small OCBD
    [​IMG]

BoO small OCBD
    [​IMG]

I've also been in the market for nice OCBD's that have a BoO-like fit, and I think there are better options than Rugby. Hickey, as well as Kent Wang x Thick as Thieves make oxfords that are closer to a BoO fit.

how far back does your hair start on the left side?

11. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

how far back does your hair start on the left side?

If that's a shot at his hair, that's a bit unwarranted.

wmmk - Have you made the KWxTaT purchase yet? As soon as I can sell some things off I'll be ordering one from them for sure as the fit and materials look fantastic and truly slim fitting.

12. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

^^it's actually not as far as it looks in the photos. the asymmetry also makes it look worse. i've recently been to style it less asymmetrically and will also get a haircut soon. I've rocked some pretty terrible haircuts in my time...
    wmmk - Have you made the KWxTaT purchase yet? As soon as I can sell some things off I'll be ordering one from them for sure as the fit and materials look fantastic and truly slim fitting.
    No, not yet. I'm waiting for the Gilt sale, and if there's nothing really good and cheap on there, I'll pull the trigger on a couple KWxTaT shirts. The one thing I worry about with the KWxTaT shirts is that the shoulders apparently run a bit smaller than in BoO shirts. I'll post fit pics when I get them.

13. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Senior member

If that's a shot at his hair, that's a bit unwarranted.

no it wasn't. it just looks like it's growing in full on the other side, so i dunno if it was some kind of effect caused by the angle or whatever.

14. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

^^it's actually not as far as it looks in the photos. the asymmetry also makes it look worse. i've recently been to style it less asymmetrically and will also get a haircut soon. I've rocked some pretty terrible haircuts in my time...

No, not yet. I'm waiting for the Gilt sale, and if there's nothing really good and cheap on there, I'll pull the trigger on a couple KWxTaT shirts.

The one thing I worry about with the KWxTaT shirts is that the shoulders apparently run a bit smaller than in BoO shirts. I'll post fit pics when I get them.

Gilt sale for? Hickey I assume or did I miss something? Yeah I guess they do run tight, but I thought the neck and pit measurments were a tad more forgiving which could balance it out some. I'll be looking into them soon too, but if you do get one in definately post some pics for comparison.

no it wasn't. it just looks like it's growing in full on the other side, so i dunno if it was some kind of effect caused by the angle or whatever.

No harm no foul. Some people get a bit off-topic and too quick to criticize on the personal level and it just gets overbearing. Carry on my man.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Could anyone confirm if the Rugby line is slimmer than RL's Custom fit shirts?