• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rugby RL Waist Size

brad90007

Reaction score
I really like the looks of Rugby's University Corduroy Pant, but there is no store nearby where I can try on a pair. Before pulling the trigger with the online purchase, I was hoping someone could clue me in as to how the waist sizes compare to other brands. A 31 inch waist in J Crew is a near perfect fit for me. A 31 inch waist in Brooks Brothers is a tad snug. Anyone know how a 31 inch waist in Rugby fits compared to these other brands? I might just play it safe and go with a 32 inch waist in the Rugby University Corduroy Pant and have the waist taken in if it's too loose. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Catalyst

Reaction score
I just bought some green RL Rugby chinos, and they fit a little snugger. I'm a 32 in Jcrew chinos, and the RL's are a 32 and feel a little snug. I'm sure they'll stretch out a bit if I slept in them as I do to break-in new jeans. I would get the 32 if I were you.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I size down in both and the waist is fairly comparable. The seat and legs run slimmer in Rugby though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads