• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rue La La - Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald, thoughts?

bta3

Reaction score
I purchased this suit last week from Rue La La. Since finding this forum last year, I'm always on the look out for decent suits at a good price. Rue La La listed this suit as a Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald and I noticed the pictures posted had a "full canvas" tag shown. So my assumption is it is a Golden Fleece - although BB tag probably changed for Rue La La. Price was $499.

I haven't seen suits purchased from Rue La La discussed here much so I thought I'd post some pictures of it. Also a few pictures of the fit - it's a 42L (I'm 6'2" 175). To me, the shoulders seem fine but it's way too big around the waist. Definitely needs to have the sides taken in along with bringing sleeves up, hem pants, collar adjusted, pant's waist taken in.

Rue La La has 30 day return policy. So I'm interested in hearing thoughts or concerns.

Thanks

bta3

Reaction score

It says golden fleece on the tag.

Agreed - that picture is of the pants (which is not obvious from the crop). So the pants definitely say Golden Fleece. Nothing on the jacket does.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks like a lot of alteration; better return it.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From one of the pictures.....42L suit with a 38W, 4" drop?

Bastion of

Reaction score
It's a drop 6, so 36W.

Are you normally a 42L? Its surprising that it would be so big in the waist given the Fitzgerald cut is BB's slim line.

I am a 40 typically (6'1, 170lbs) and am considering buying a 40L from Ruelala. The Fitzgerald cuts that I've tried in stores fit nicely and I need a new navy suit. But your experience with the fit gives me pause.

How are the other aspects? Fabric? Finishing?

Sam3L

Reaction score
I just ordered the Navy BB GF from this sale. I'm shorter and athletic so I think/hope the fit will be close to spot on. Will post pics if I can.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's