1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Rubinacci visiting NYC (May 27-29)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, May 21, 2008.

1. academe

academe Senior member

^^^

mafoofan- thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing photos of your new suit and wedding ties. The vintage silks also sound very interesting...

2. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

^^^

mafoofan- thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing photos of your new suit and wedding ties. The vintage silks also sound very interesting...

+1

So, did they straight-finish your second suit? That would be odd, but if it fits it fits!

3. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

+1

So, did they straight-finish your second suit? That would be odd, but if it fits it fits!

No, I had a fitting for it last time Mariano was in NYC. But it's exactly the same configuration as my sportcoat (minus the patch pockets), so I imagine only minor changes were needed in the first place.

4. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

We spent 20-30 minutes scrutinizing it; I'm very satisfied, but I'm sure there will be a fair share of criticism when I find time to get some picture up [​IMG].

Do yourself a favor, either post a pic in the WAYWT thread with no mention that it's your Rubi suit or don't post anything because if you make a separate thread about it, here's how it will go:

1. You post pic
    2. Some will love it, some will go out of their way to post a crticism with the suit or your stylistic choice
    3. You put on your lawyer hat and cross examine them
    4. They then point out even more things that are "wrong" and compare your suit to a "perfect" fitting one from someone else.
    5. You can't see their argument and continue to drill down.
    6. They then start making snarky remarks about your height
    7. Thread is now on page 18

Get your suit, wear it, enjoy it and don't give a sh*t what some internet sartorialist wearing K-Mart boxers posts.

5. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Get your suit, wear it, enjoy it and don't give a sh*t what some internet sartorialist wearing K-Mart boxers posts.

Amen.

6. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Do yourself a favor, either post a pic in the WAYWT thread with no mention that it's your Rubi suit or don't post anything because if you make a separate thread about it, here's how it will go:

1. You post pic
    2. Some will love it, some will go out of their way to post a crticism with the suit or your stylistic choice
    4. They then point out even more things that are "wrong" and compare your suit to a "perfect" fitting one from someone else.

I disagree. I live for the arguments, snark and runaway hostility. What other reason is there for those of us who already know what we like to come here?

7. maclovin

maclovin Senior member

I disagree. I live for the arguments, snark and runaway hostility. What other reason is there for those of us who already know what we like to come here?

Dear dopey edmorel,

I would like to give you my sincerest thanks. You are truly an internet hero.

I remain, in my boxers

Mac

8. mafoofan

1. You post pic

Touche. While I was honestly trying to contribute to the forum, I agree that it probably hasn't been very productive. I'll think twice before giving it another go.

But don't worry about my feelings. There isn't a day that goes by without someone in real life or on the internet making a comment about my height.

9. dopey

. . .But don't worry about my feelings. There isn't a day that goes by without someone in real life or on the internet making a comment about my height.
    From my vantage point, that someone is usually you.

10. mafoofan

From my vantage point, that someone is usually you.

It's hard for me to see how things look from your vantage point. You know, since I'm so short.

[​IMG]

11. WestIndianArchie

WestIndianArchie Senior member

Touche. While I was honestly trying to contribute to the forum, I agree that it probably hasn't been very productive. I'll think twice before giving it another go.

But don't worry about my feelings. There isn't a day that goes by without someone in real life or on the internet making a comment about my height.

Your Anna Matuozzo post is the one post that made me join the forum and start to really think hard about clothes. (now all of my shirts aren't good enough and don't fit [​IMG] )

As a fellow attorney, all I can tell you is that the criticism never ever ends.

And unfortunately, the lawyer hat is one that's hard to take off when you're not lawyering.

12. Eustace Tilley

1. You post pic

I thought I was very nice last time round, and I never even made a mention of the fact that the shoulders were too wide by 1/16th of an inch, and the vents should have been cut 1/8th of an inch higher.

13. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

1. You post pic

I lol'ed.

14. mafoofan

15. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I thought I was very nice last time round, and I never even made a mention of the fact that the shoulders were too wide by 1/16th of an inch, and the vents should have been cut 1/8th of an inch higher.

You're probably not kidding either. [​IMG]

16. mafoofan

Ahem, so can I assume no one else met with Luca?

17. dopey

If you also assume that everyone who visits with a tailor posts about it on a message board, your assumption above would be correct.

18. Eustace Tilley

Ahem, so can I assume no one else met with Luca?

Maybe Cantabrigian placed a follow-up order?

19. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

1. You post pic 2. Some will love it, some will go out of their way to post a crticism with the suit or your stylistic choice 3. You put on your lawyer hat and cross examine them 4. They then point out even more things that are "wrong" and compare your suit to a "perfect" fitting one from someone else. 5. You can't see their argument and continue to drill down. 6. They then start making snarky remarks about your height 7. Thread is now on page 18
    8. They jealously start asking about the money again 9. You start wondering if it was worth sharing 10. Someone mentions your big head (usually yourself) 11. All of the sudden, the thread continues without disagreement

20. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

12. [/pileon]