Rubinacci visiting NYC (May 27-29)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, May 21, 2008.

1. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

I thought I'd let everyone know that Luca Rubinacci (Mariano's son) will be in New York City at the Carlyle between May 27th and 29th. I'm not sure if there's still room for appointments or if new clients are welcome, but it may be worth a call to find out.

I'll be meeting with Luca on the 28th at 4 o'clock. I have to head to the airport right after, but I'd be happy to get together with anyone beforehand.

2. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Will you be in NYC on the 27th?

3. mafoofan

Will you be in NYC on the 27th?

Unfortunately, no. I'm flying in and leaving the same day. In fact, I should have pointed out that I won't be in the city until ~2pm or so on the 28th.

4. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Buy the blue tie with the little colored flowers in the Rubinacci display case in the concierge nook by the entrance. It is one of the nicest ties I have seen.

5. mafoofan

Buy the blue tie with the little colored flowers in the Rubinacci display case in the concierge nook by the entrance. It is one of the nicest ties I have seen.

I'll have to check it out--it sounds very nice. I need to pick a tie to be made for my wedding, so it can't hurt to add a few others to my order [​IMG].

6. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

I'll have to check it out--it sounds very nice. I need to pick a tie to be made for my wedding, so it can't hurt to add a few others to my order [​IMG].

Have you placed any orders remotely with Marinella since your visit to Naples?

7. academe

academe Senior member

Did you ever decide on a colour or pattern for your wedding? I remember this came up a little while back...

8. mafoofan

Have you placed any orders remotely with Marinella since your visit to Naples?

No, I haven't actually. The Marinella ties are really nice, but they are a little stiffer and thicker than I'd like under a really soft collar.

Did you ever decide on a colour or pattern for your wedding? I remember this came up a little while back...

Not yet. I'm being very indecisive. Something in blue, almost definitely, though.

9. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

A length of lite grey Brisa and I will be there!

Not super excited about dealing w/ the prince but at this point it hopefully won't matter too much.

10. mafoofan

A length of lite grey Brisa and I will be there!

Not super excited about dealing w/ the prince but at this point it hopefully won't matter too much.

Well, in my own experience, the initial measurements were taken rather casually. The magic happened at the fitting stage.

I'd just make sure to ask Luca if your jacket/suit will be made in Naples or Milan.

11. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I'd just make sure to ask Luca if your jacket/suit will be made in Naples or Milan.

And insist on Naples.

12. mafoofan

And insist on Naples.

Not a fan of the Milanese product? I'm not all that familiar with the differences myself, but my jacket--made in Naples--wound up looking similar to one that Luca himself wears.

13. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Not a fan of the Milanese product? I'm not all that familiar with the differences myself, but my jacket--made in Naples--wound up looking similar to one that Luca himself wears.

From what I have seen (pics and in person) the Naples made cut is much nicer. Or at least I like it a lot better.

14. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

From what I have seen (pics and in person) the Naples made cut is much nicer. Or at least I like it a lot better.
    I agree. The Milanese is much leaner and cleaner than the Naples. I ran into a guy in the London shop who asked for all of his to be made in Milan because the Naples made ones were too imperfect for him.

15. Panzeraxe II

Panzeraxe II Senior member

Is Rubinacci willing to go through with a basted + a couple of addt. Fittings on these US trips?