• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rubinacci pochette combination

newyorknoir

Reaction score
which of these squares would work best for someone who generally only wears a blue sc, charcoal trou, light blue shirt and navy tie (such as what you see in my profile pic)? Do you think these would be too flashy? I'm thinking the first may be too bright/too much contrast, second has too much turquoise/too similar to light blue shirt (?), and third... might work best? Maybe I'm way off on that though... I've been wearing a white linen square for a year now and am getting a little bored with it.

Last edited:

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bottom one -- but puff it so that only the creams and whites show.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
A 'pochette' is a small bag or pouch, not a piece of cloth to display in abreast pocket.

I agree with loathing's comment.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's odd, they are called pochette on the Rubinacci website.

Lots of places sell "suiting" or "shirting" that's already been made up, too. Similarly, I think my mom's car is supposedly painted "Sapphire Mist," rather than blue.
smile.gif

I agree with your thinking on which one would work best. I have a buff-colored square or two with big patterns that "work" the same as these big pictorial squares, and the limited, subtle color palette is what makes that work. The third one there is the best bet.

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I recall several comments, including mine, pointed out in an earlier post, the appalling English in the Rubinacci WebSite.
They must have recruited an underachieving member of the la familgia who took English in the Liceo. It seems
that their French, eg. "pochette" is equally "seat of the pantaloni" One can make broader inferences from this about Italian
industry and society as it continues to stagnate economically. However, Rubinacci exemplifies traditional Italian artisanal
excellence, so it continues to prosper. Their incompetence in communicating in English may therefore be dismissed as artisinal
eccentricity.

http://www.marianorubinacci.net/club/

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Duplicate Post

Fok, you have a doctorate from Caltech,
is fixing this Bug a stretch for you?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads