• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rubinacci pochette combination

newyorknoir

Reaction score
which of these squares would work best for someone who generally only wears a blue sc, charcoal trou, light blue shirt and navy tie (such as what you see in my profile pic)? Do you think these would be too flashy? I'm thinking the first may be too bright/too much contrast, second has too much turquoise/too similar to light blue shirt (?), and third... might work best? Maybe I'm way off on that though... I've been wearing a white linen square for a year now and am getting a little bored with it.

Last edited:

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bottom one -- but puff it so that only the creams and whites show.

Ianiceman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A 'pochette' is a small bag or pouch, not a piece of cloth to display in abreast pocket.

I agree with loathing's comment.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"shopeng"

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's odd, they are called pochette on the Rubinacci website.
Lots of places sell "suiting" or "shirting" that's already been made up, too. Similarly, I think my mom's car is supposedly painted "Sapphire Mist," rather than blue.

I agree with your thinking on which one would work best. I have a buff-colored square or two with big patterns that "work" the same as these big pictorial squares, and the limited, subtle color palette is what makes that work. The third one there is the best bet.

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I recall several comments, including mine, pointed out in an earlier post, the appalling English in the Rubinacci WebSite.
They must have recruited an underachieving member of the la familgia who took English in the Liceo. It seems
that their French, eg. "pochette" is equally "seat of the pantaloni" One can make broader inferences from this about Italian
industry and society as it continues to stagnate economically. However, Rubinacci exemplifies traditional Italian artisanal
excellence, so it continues to prosper. Their incompetence in communicating in English may therefore be dismissed as artisinal
eccentricity.

http://www.marianorubinacci.net/club/

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Duplicate Post

Fok, you have a doctorate from Caltech,
is fixing this Bug a stretch for you?

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020