1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Rubinacci Label Question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rayuela, Dec 10, 2009.

1. rayuela

rayuela Senior member

Browsing some thrift stores and came across an interesting looking sport jacket with a Rubinacci label and wondering what to make of it. I did a little research and saw a few different photos of Rubinacci labels floating around on the internet which I've posted below. Some of them say Mariano Rubinacci, others say Rubinacci Made in Italy. I'm assuming this Made in Italy label is an entirely different brand than the Neapolitan tailor often discussed here, is that correct? Or is this just a different line made for export, or what?

Thanks for the assistance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sebastian

Sebastian Senior member

The Rubinacci RTW stuff is licensed and not made by Rubinacci itself. I think Belvest makes it to a rather high standard though.

3. Steven Cash

Steven Cash Senior member

Thread resurrection alert!

I would be interested in this too.

By my reckoning there are three different label designs.

"Rubinacci Made in Italy", "Mariano Rubinacci" (both mentioned in the OP) and also "Rubinacci Napoli" (below).

[​IMG]

Do the labels denote anything or are they different styles from different vintages?