• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rubinacci in WSJ: SF thinks I'm the devil

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
You must be joking. SF stands proof.

Originally Posted by gazman70k
Mariano Rubinacci approves of this statement!

orig.jpg

No I'm not. As long as the fit isn't totally awful, then my statement is true. The worst of the worst in WAYWT, if dressed conservatively would fit in in any situation where you need to be well dressed without batting an eye. Think about what we nit pick here...a slight pull of a button, an inch too long or too short, even whnay's "misplaced" sleeve button. Sometimes people think SF is the real world, its not. This place is one or two dimensional, where as looking good in real life is more than that. Do you really think, even some of the worst SF critics, would notice or have the balls to notice Mariano Rubinacci's loose collars if they ran into him in real life? I don't think so. These guys, along with almost all of us, look good.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
No I'm not. As long as the fit isn't totally awful, then my statement is true. The worst of the worst in WAYWT, if dressed conservatively would fit in in any situation where you need to be well dressed without batting an eye. Think about what we nit pick here...a slight pull of a button, an inch too long or too short, even whnay's "misplaced" sleeve button. Sometimes people think SF is the real world, its not. This place is one or two dimensional, where as looking good in real life is more than that. Do you really think, even some of the worst SF critics, would notice or have the balls to notice Mariano Rubinacci's loose collars if they ran into him in real life? I don't think so. These guys, along with almost all of us, look good.

Sorry mate, I typically don't have much to add to these discussions. I just wanted an opportunity to use my "Mariano Rubinnaci Approves / Disapproves" images.

BTW, anyone notice the divots in Mariano's suit in the photo above?

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Gaz doing a full court press too
laugh.gif

I leave the media whoring to those with far more experience. Besides, its just WSJ advertorial.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry mate, I typically don't have much to add to these discussions. I just wanted an opportunity to use my "Mariano Rubinnaci Approves / Disapproves" images.

laugh.gif

MARIANO DOESN'T CARE

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

laugh.gif

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sure you know this already, but divots are of course normal when raising ones arm like that.

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder
Quote of the piece:

Shampoo?
You're asking someone with no hair! But no, I use Pantene.

laugh.gif
worship.gif
laugh.gif

I like the dude's style in general, it might not be something I can or would want to pull off but I think he does.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

Hans Cater

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
Thanks for the link. He seems like a sensible man, just with flamboyant style

Sensible? Well maybe, Flamboyant well that's for sure!

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
I'm sure you know this already, but divots are of course normal when raising ones arm like that.

Simone Righi agrees with the both of you.
standard.jpg

Srynerson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
LUCA, WE KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS THREAK. MAKE AN ACCOUNT AND POAST!!!!

You and Spalla can have a cage brawl.

You and Mafoofan can do each other.

How do you know that he doesn't already post here under an alias? He could even be one of the posters in this very thread....
tinfoil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads