• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rubinacci in the USA....

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
If you guys know any stores or anything that sell Rubinacci products......

Give Details...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Not aware of any. There are periodic rumors that they may open a shop in NYC, or else begin making frequent trips, a la the Savile Row firms.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Not aware of any. There are periodic rumors that they may open a shop in NYC, or else begin making frequent trips, a la the Savile Row firms.

I hope they do indeed open a shop by NYC... Imagine the things they would have there...

Oh, a bespoke suit or MTM Rubinacci suit... I would kill for that; I want this brand more than Brioni or Attolini...

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I would love to see the Rubinacci work myself.
smile.gif

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Yes sir.

Their ties look stunning; jackets; everything....

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris "Italia"
Oh, a bespoke suit or MTM Rubinacci suit...I would kill for that; ...

I really like Rubinacci too, but I don't know that I'd kill for a Rubinacci
laugh.gif

Well, now that I think of it, I might kill..........

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
I really like Rubinacci too, but I don't know that I'd kill for a Rubinacci
laugh.gif

Well, now that I think of it, I might kill..........

It's rarer than Brioni or Borrelli...

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris "Italia"
It's rarer than Brioni or Borrelli...

You are right again. I'd probably only break someones leg for a Kiton!
devil.gif

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
You are right again. I'd probably only break someones leg for a Kiton!
devil.gif

Hahaha.

Still, yes, you are correct.... Rubinacci is rarer than Kiton by miles......

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I find his jackets to lack balance.
I can understand why someone would not like the style, but I have never seen one that was out of balance. Do you mean "balance" in the tailoring sense, or in a broader aesthetic sense.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can understand why someone would not like the style, but I have never seen one that was out of balance. Do you mean "balance" in the tailoring sense, or in a broader aesthetic sense.

Well I qualified my statements with "what I have seen on ebay and his site". I have not seen anything in person, much less on a human being so it is hard to accurately judge. His jackets looks "off", does this mean in the aesthetic or tailoring sense? Not sure which but I guess one would lead to the other. The wide cut sleeves, low gorge, wide open quarters; they just seem to not be right, for my tastes of course.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
he told me that he was not going to open any more shops. He has opened one for each of his kids who wants to be in the business. He makes pretty frequent trips to NY, but doesn't really publicize them. He is going to sell some ties and pocket squares at the Carlyle. I have tried on the "famous jacket", and it is really hard to determine balance as it was made for somebody who was probably 6'4 and 170.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
he told me that he was not going to open any more shops. He has opened one for each of his kids who wants to be in the business. He makes pretty frequent trips to NY, but doesn't really publicize them.

He is going to sell some ties and pocket squares at the Carlyle.

I have tried on the "famous jacket", and it is really hard to determine balance as it was made for somebody who was probably 6'4 and 170.

Damn it.

Now It's time to go to Milan or Naples.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
he told me that he was not going to open any more shops. He has opened one for each of his kids who wants to be in the business. He makes pretty frequent trips to NY, but doesn't really publicize them.

He is going to sell some ties and pocket squares at the Carlyle.

I have tried on the "famous jacket", and it is really hard to determine balance as it was made for somebody who was probably 6'4 and 170.

Hey Chris "Italia"! It may not be a suit or a coat, but here on Ebay is a Rubinacci tie with a Chopard tie thrown in! Seems like an opportunity. I leave it to the tie experts to comment on these ties!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chopard-Rubinacc...QQcmdZViewItem

The price is $7.99 with no bids as I post this! That seems like an awful good deal if you want a sample of Rubinacci!
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads