1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Texasmade, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

I like this thread much more than the article, which I didn't read.

2 people like this.
  2. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Senior member

So I just booked this for early June. Will report back.

1 person likes this.
  3. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Looking forward to what you think. I was going to do my first bespoke suit this year but instead went bespoke shoes. Maybe next year I can do my first bespoke suit.

1 person likes this.
  4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

excited to hear back

5. dfoverdx

dfoverdx Senior member

This finished suits look like more a stylish RTW than bespoke... Quite large shoulders then you have this very noticeable waist suppressing and then you've the skirt of the jacket made much wider. This jacket is far too short and this makes the wide skirt very noticeable. Frankly quite bad and worrying from Rubinacci, i've seen better from them...

6. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I have seen pretty substantial variances - stylistically speaking - from Rubinacci garment to Rubinacci garment. I do not care for the suit that Rubinacci made for Mr. Coggins. However, I like a lot of what Rubinacci has made for Bill and Matt. I think they have a pretty wide range.

7. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I like both, but you're comparing two diff cutters.

8. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

But isn't the whole point of Rubinacci is that there is not much in the way of variance between cutters? I thought that was - in part - what the Paone thread was about. In any event, there are a lot of persons at play when it comes to Rubinacci. You have Luca, Mariano, Chiara, various cutters - I think they all have slightly different styles. Further, Mr. Coggins might have requested a more eyetalian suit.

I like Rubinacci - I just don't care for this particular suit. It may be the angle. But aesthetically it does not do much for me. I find everything a bit tight.

9. dieworkwear

Horses for courses, but I think that DB looks great.

Rubinacci only has one head cutter in Naples, Andrea. Paone no longer works for Rubinacci.

Stuff you've seen on this forum was drafted by Paone. David's suit was by Andrea.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  10. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Out of curiosity - although they have one head cutters, how many cutters are there working in Naples? I would not think that every suit passed by Andrea's eyes, but I could be incredibly incorrect. To be honest, I know fairly little about Rubinacci's system.

11. dieworkwear

When I visited a few years ago, they had four cutters and thirty tailors. But that was when Paone was working there alongside Andrea and Lino. Two of those people are now gone, so I don't know what the system is like. Thirty tailors includes coatmakers and trousermakers. And Lino was the head trouser cutter; he didn't work on coats.

12. dfoverdx

dfoverdx Senior member

That DB lookss great,,,,[​IMG]
    Look at that waist suppression, the length and the skirt of the jacket, all wrong. I understand if the client asked something trendy but otherwise i don't see why a tailor would do this. I reiterate, to me this suit is more a RTW than bespoke...It's nothing to do with the style, it's just not adapted to the wearer.

13. dieworkwear