• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Changing my mind. Im going to Napoli and having @SartodiNapoli as a guide :)
That should be fun

Last edited:

Markboots

Reaction score
I could not agree more. With his knowledge and honest opinion I feel very confident I would get a great fitted suit with Sartodi in my corner.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I could not agree more. With his knowledge and honest opinion I feel very confident I would get a great fitted suit with Sartodi in my corner.

Suit is secondary. I have a feeling Sartodi is fun to hang out with.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at Casa Rubinacci and it is a really nice apartment (there are actually three I think, all in the same building). I've been to Naples several times, and it is was convenient to have a place to stay, but as others have pointed out, it's not going to offset the cost of a suit. I think we stayed there three nights maybe, I can't remember, but it was a nice benefit and relatively painless. I like Naples, but I can't imagine spending seven days there.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at Casa Rubinacci and it is a really nice apartment (there are actually three I think, all in the same building). I've been to Naples several times, and it is was convenient to have a place to stay, but as others have pointed out, it's not going to offset the cost of a suit. I think we stayed there three nights maybe, I can't remember, but it was a nice benefit and relatively painless. I like Naples, but I can't imagine spending seven days there.

On the rent apartments I said he offered? Are nice?

How long is the maximun time allowed?

There is sentence about Naples that says:

In Naples you cry twice, the first day you go, and the day you leave.

I can say it happened to me, so it´s true.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you get a suit made while you stayed there even though it was only a few nights?

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a couple that were already in progress and wanted to do a fitting in Naples, rather than with Luca in NY. So I needed to be in Naples and needed a place to stay, so asked if i could stay given I had a couple of things in progress and did that. They didn't finish them while I was there and I didn't expect them to. I guess I could have hung around a week or so to pick them up, but I didn't want to spend a week in Naples.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That article does not purport to be about the intricacies of tailoring, though, nor does it pretend to give any advice. It's a travel article wrapped up in a story about the author's experience at a well known tailoring house, in a city well known for it's good food and climate.

A writer does not need to have extensive experience or expertise in any specific subject to write an enjoyable article of this type, nor does a reader need any of the same to enjoy the article. Sometimes, it's all just for fun.
"Hate" is a strong word, but I approach these articles with strong negative bias because in most cases they are paid content, and Rubinacci is one company which has consistently given me the impression that they really understand and play the PR game, down to the overexposed photos currently popular on Instagram. Like many readers, I decry the selling out of journalism to advertising whilst not moving a finger to stem it (for example by paying for a subscription to high quality content).

That being said, when the content is entertaining and provides value, it is worth reading. I'd rather read fluff pieces by/about Rubinacci than Hugo Boss (who somehow never mentions their rich heritage rooted in modern German history) or yet another watch ad for some unknown company throwing away their investor money into attempting to grab a few points of market share from Rolex with hastily put together horrors at 100x manufacturing cost. Still, caveat emptor.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this thread much more than the article, which I didn't read.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I just booked this for early June. Will report back.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to what you think. I was going to do my first bespoke suit this year but instead went bespoke shoes. Maybe next year I can do my first bespoke suit.

dfoverdx

Reaction score
This finished suits look like more a stylish RTW than bespoke... Quite large shoulders then you have this very noticeable waist suppressing and then you've the skirt of the jacket made much wider. This jacket is far too short and this makes the wide skirt very noticeable. Frankly quite bad and worrying from Rubinacci, i've seen better from them...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads