• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GBR is just a passive agressive disordered, he just hates himself.

I just dislike articles on main media that got no idea about tailoring or those usuals: 10 tricks to dress better. trick 1 red socks on court. Trick 2 black shirt always work etc. trick 3: on your black shirt, use a white tie.
That article does not purport to be about the intricacies of tailoring, though, nor does it pretend to give any advice. It's a travel article wrapped up in a story about the author's experience at a well known tailoring house, in a city well known for it's good food and climate.

A writer does not need to have extensive experience or expertise in any specific subject to write an enjoyable article of this type, nor does a reader need any of the same to enjoy the article. Sometimes, it's all just for fun.

Incidentally, listicles are popular for a very obvious reason. They provide a framework for the reader to engage with the article. something like: "I agree with number 1-2, but disagree with 3. And 4 and 5? C'mon, seriously?" Yes, they are not though provoking articles, for the most part. They are brain candy. But again, nothing really worth the energy to hate.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I admit I didn´t click on wait as 99,9 of those are what I described since just the tittle is pure rubish.

Maybe Did I err on this one?

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I admit I didn´t click on wait as 99,9 of those are what I described since just the tittle is pure rubish.

Maybe Did I err on this one?
I think that it's usually a good idea to read the article before opining on it.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that it's usually a good idea to read the article before opining on it.

You got me:
shog[1].gif
bounce2.gif

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just took a walk with my wife, and while chatting o mentioned this article and how you can get a suit by Rubinacci and stay for 7 days in Napoli etc. And she said: "why don't you do it?". Like, hey we could go stay 7 days in Napoli, then you get that suit we could go visit Capri or something for additional few days....
Hehehe, I might nurture this idea ;)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The package deal is nice, but it's not like staying in Naples for a week + suit would cost you more than $5,500 if you went to another tailor and hotel. It's just icing on the cake if you plan on using Rubinacci.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just took a walk with my wife, and while chatting o mentioned this article and how you can get a suit by Rubinacci and stay for 7 days in Napoli etc. And she said: "why don't you do it?". Like, hey we could go stay 7 days in Napoli, then you get that suit we could go visit Capri or something for additional few days....
Hehehe, I might nurture this idea
wink.gif
Yeah, If you count that you get 7 nights at Rubinacci, that suit suddenly seems pretty reasonably priced (for what it is).

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been in Napoli so I covered all the basics, this would be pure relaxed enjoyment. (Pompeii again is a must, though).
I know there might be better "value" and other options if one is looking for suit. But this seams to be more about experience. Especially my wife - she gives no value to things, but she would give fortune for the right experience. Not sure what I wrote makes any sense... And I happen to like Rubinacci's house style, at least from pictures. This is just an idea, who knows...

vida

Reaction score

It's a cute article that was an easy 5 minute read with nice pictures.  I'm not sure why guys like @GBR
 and @SartodiNapoli
 insist on hating articles like this.  It's a lifestyle article in Bloomberg with nice pictures.  it's a bit about tailoring, a lot about an escapist fantasy "Instead of being stuck on the A train back to Astoria. I could be eating linguine vongole and sipping espressos and discussing tailoring while my suit gets made at Rubinacci."  

Anyone who takes umbrage at an article like this, just wants to hate things.  Is it a prize winning, article?  No.  But it's not meant to be.  It's a slightly information, fairly well written, travel memoir.  Resenting it doesn't make you seem smart or insightful or more clear-minded than other people.  It simply suggests that there is very little joy and humor in your lives.  

Incidentally, the writer often does not write the title of an article, FTW.  Those are invariably written to get clicks by an editor.

Spot on! You're EXACTLY right!

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, If you count that you get 7 nights at Rubinacci, that suit suddenly seems pretty reasonably priced (for what it is).

He has for rent some flats, not sure if his old house on the center of Naples or his millionaire villa around with in house decoration as manequins etc and for limited time as 15 days or 1 month max, so I think he must be using that as hook to get suits made, or maybe the article was about this.

vida

Reaction score
Sart, are you really this bitter, negative and arrogant? I can't recall one positive comment from you. I'm hoping you are nothing more than a forum spook simply trying to stir **** up. I hope for your sake the latter is accurate. Otherwise, you are pathetic.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sart, are you really this bitter, negative and arrogant? I can't recall one positive comment from you. I'm hoping you are nothing more than a forum spook simply trying to stir **** up. I hope for your sake the latter is accurate. Otherwise, you are pathetic.

You should read some of my help post, some were called for best post award of last year, also voted best member of the year time ago, do not remember if two years in a row, even honestly I do not think I ever deserved it or will, I am only myself and keep improving daily, for the rest, you got a reported for insulting and should give another by being fan of Rubi as well as tip.
crackup[1].gif

Thank you.

All my haters are same... And in common either: fans of Rubi. It all resumes it all...

By the way: http://www.styleforum.net/t/529648/dylan-son-singapore-beware#post_8586253

Edited:

This post resumes all what this poster/hater knows about tailoring, normal he hates me, the best is the great answer of the great poster instead Lordsuperb, then my hater answer naming only internet names, so he must be a blogger or internet kid who HAS ANY IDEA ABOUT THE BUSINESS OTHERS ARE IN.

Quote:
Quote: Vida:Fair enough, but it seems they must not want extra exposure. I'm sure Rubinacci, Sartoriaripense and Liverano have plenty of business but they are all over the Internet. Perhaps it is just their own penchant for marketing. I don't think I have ever seen a photo of any of the American tailors either alone or with clients (during a fitting or even the shop interior).

Me: The real tailors do not need or even want to be on the internet, because as I have explained for years, it makes them loses serious clientele. Naming Rubinacci or Ripense and tailoring on the same sentence, that can´t be on the same sentence, so I assume is a blogger.

Sorry mods for this post, but an insulter with any idea but pure narcissism deserves to be placed on his right place. ( for me the block member list)
Good night

Last edited:

vida

Reaction score

You should read some of my help post, some were called for best post award of last year, also voted best member of the year time ago, do not remember if two years in a row, even honestly I do not think I ever deserved it or will, I am only myself and keep improving daily, for the rest, you got a reported for insulting and should give another by being fan of Rubi as well as tip.
crackup%5B1%5D.gif

Thank you. 

All my haters are same... And in common either: fans of Rubi. It all resumes it all...

By the way: http://www.styleforum.net/t/529648/dylan-son-singapore-beware#post_8586253

You're an idiot.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Markboots

Reaction score
Hi Vida,

I actually have had great experience dealing with Sartodi. I even bought 6 ties from him and posted about it. He has a wealth of knowledge and has been more than willing to share his knowledge with me. You simply only need to ask. I am not sure why you make such harsh comments about someone you know so little about. I would hope that this message board would look to remove this type of posts. I will leave that to the moderators to determine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads