• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rubicon (New AMC series)

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with you.
The hit scene was brilliantly filmed, the wide still of the guys around the table, the meeting near the stairs between sprangler and another guy, now that is cinema and I don't care wether it's bullshit or not.
We've been fed for years with stupid jerky camera movements which give a sense of urgency which simply doesn't exist in the scenario. Complete bullshit data mining and picture analyzer softwares which defy physics laws or basic common sense.
This show is brilliant.
!luc

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
I'm pretty sure it will look like a natural death unless they do a toxicology work up (CSI knowledge jewel). Will didn't stick around to tell anyone that it was a murder so there's no reason for anyone to think it is.

Otherwise healthy people don't just drop dead. In most states, an autopsy is required, and at least basic tox screens are employed. An ME may well notice the puncture mark in an unusual place, particularly one that might be accompanied by some unwiped blood as this one probably would. Besides, why on Earth would these guys take that chance? Why would they assume Will wouldn't notify the ME that this was probably murder (anonymously or not)?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Otherwise healthy people don't just drop dead. In most states, an autopsy is required, and at least basic tox screens are employed. An ME may well notice the puncture mark in an unusual place, particularly one that might be accompanied by some unwiped blood as this one probably would. Besides, why on Earth would these guys take that chance? Why would they assume Will wouldn't notify the ME that this was probably murder (anonymously or not)?

Going off of fiction here but aren't there toxins that induce what looks like a natural death and you'd have to specifically look for it in a blood work up, i.e. it wouldn't show up in a normal tox screen?

Also - maybe they thought killing Katherine would remind Will that he could be next. Also, Will can hardly tell anyone outside his current circle what's going on. Don't forget - he killed a man and didn't report it. He's hardly one to be running to the authorities.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Letdown indeed. I didn't think it was a bad episode, but there were so many aspects that were either dull or implausible that all I could think was "meh." I can see Will's not grabbing the dvd, considering he's not a super-secret-agent and Katherine was just killed right in front of him. But come on, was that really the best way for them to off her? Not only that, but the assassin dumped the syringe and gloves in the trash can six feet from where she lay dying. Um, DNA, anybody? (It gets recovered from things like gloves, handles, etc. all the time nowadays.) And Will's confrontation with Spangler was beyond stupid.

ffffuuuu.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't think it does matter if the ME finds out she was killed via un-natural means unless the show wants to spend time pinning it on Will. They'd never find the killer in a million years.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are some poisons you can only find if looking for it specifically, otherwise they look like natural death. I thought the scene was filmed well. Will didn't see the DVD but it looks like he's reached the same conclusion his mentor did. I wonder if Spangler will be dead by the start of the second season given the 4 leaf clover and the meeting of the cabal without him. Looking forward to season 2.

lou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel
I don't agree with you.
Fair enough.

The hit scene was brilliantly filmed.
Disagree with you here. I didn't find the bump and jab realistic for her reaction. That would have been a two person setup for distraction purposes.

the wide still of the guys around the table.

This was a good scene.

the meeting near the stairs between sprangler and another guy.
Agreed, this was a good scene.

We've been fed for years with stupid jerky camera movements which give a sense of urgency which simply doesn't exist in the scenario.
Agreed, for the most part. I hate when effects replace good writing or acting.

This show is brilliant.
I wouldn't go quite that far. It is very good and I had to look hard to find the clues to what was going on. The writers have done some good homework in putting together a fairly complex story, but kept it watchable for the common person.

The biggest hole in the show is the aspect of operations. They have either dumbed it down or just didn't have a good technical source to create from. IMO.

lou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I wonder if Spangler will be dead by the start of the second season given the 4 leaf clover and the meeting of the cabal without him. Looking forward to season 2.

Spangler is not going down!! He will have the other members taken out. He is not afraid of Will or anybody else for that matter. The group may have sent him the message, but they have forgotten who is spinning the spiders web, Spangler is.

Spangler controls the operator aspects of the group. He will have already had a go code for this scenario. Next season will see a Michael Corleone type of hit on all the other members. They have shown weakness, and have not heeded his warning to not confuse fluidity for chaos.

His attitude on the roof was his thinking about the fact that he is having to off his friends.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I believe its already been picked up for season 2

Hope so.

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I believe its already been picked up for season 2

With "Will" doing a spot for promoting the upcoming zombie show, I would think they had picked it up, or at least intended to.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lou
The biggest hole in the show is the aspect of operations. They have either dumbed it down or just didn't have a good technical source to create from. IMO.
Indeed, it was kind of weak. Maybe for next season, they'll have a bit more cash to spend on action!
!luc

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lou
Spangler is not going down!! He will have the other members taken out. He is not afraid of Will or anybody else for that matter. The group may have sent him the message, but they have forgotten who is spinning the spiders web, Spangler is.

Spangler controls the operator aspects of the group. He will have already had a go code for this scenario. Next season will see a Michael Corleone type of hit on all the other members. They have shown weakness, and have not heeded his warning to not confuse fluidity for chaos.

His attitude on the roof was his thinking about the fact that he is having to off his friends.

I agree with most of this, but I think Spangler is afraid of Ingram. While the rest of the cabal will probably not be able to attack Spangler directly (being primarily leaders of industry), Ingram and Will are threatening to expose the entire operation and Spangler's role in manipulating the intelligence community.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lou

Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel
Indeed, it was kind of weak. Maybe for next season, they'll have a bit more cash to spend on action!
!luc

But the focus on the show has never been about the action.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Initially, I thought that the four-leaf clover meant that an operation was beginning. Certainly stood to reason since it coincideded with the publication of the crossword codes. I'd assumed that Rhumor and the other guy shot themselves over guilt, or an unwillingness to participate any further. Now I'm wondering if it just means that they've been voted off the island, so to speak, by the Atlas Group and know that they're marked for death, so they kill themselves to hasten the inevitable. It wouldn't make much sense for Spengler to have received a message indicating that a new operation is starting when the group just renounced all future operations. He must be a marked man, and will either die very early next season or give everything he knows to Will and Kale in a bid for revenge. I was consistently annoyed by Will's stupidity about surveillance. He knows that he's being watched and followed at all times -- even to the point where his assassination is attempted -- and he does absolutely nothing to 'get off the grid'. The moron openly blabs about all his findings and plans on his cell phone, as if it were somehow exempt and then is surprised when an Atlas hit man shows up at exactly the place he told Katherine to meet him and whacks her. Oops, wtg dummy. Still, it was the best show on tv this year along with Mad Men. AMC is 3/3 now; positioning itself as a new HBO, but one which has so far avoided producing garbage like Rome and Big Love. EDIT: I take it back. Apparently AMC also produced the remake of The Prisoner which was so bad I'd rather have cut off my left arm than have been forced to watch another episode.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads