• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RUBBER BOOTS

Reaction score
I live in New York City and the City has been hit by major snow and rain storms over the past decade. New York is now heading into the hurricane season. The City has recently been hit by deluges that have shut down the subway system for the first time in years. I read on a website that rubber overboots are becoming popular again since so many people walk distances. I wear them when I walk in the city during rain and snow storms. I also find they are important when I wait for a bus in lousy weather.

To keep my shoes dry, I chose to wear the 10" high rubber zipper overshoes by Servus. I have found no other boots that work as well and last as long. I wonder if you could recommend a store where I could purchase a pair of galoshes in case the need arises.

Thank you -

New York Walker

Last edited:
Reaction score
Laufer -
Thanks very much for your suggestion. But I cannot afford either of these. I simply need a pair of rubber overboots (or an inexpensive alternative) that I can wear during bad weather and take off when I get to work and return home.
Jon S.

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also live in the city and just buy cheap black overshoes/boots that you could buy in every shoe repair shop; haven't seen the front zip type boots.

Personally, when it's really bad, I just wear my Wellies. I keep shoes in my offices in case of these type of days.

Reaction score
DppDr -
I have not tried the Wellies. But I have tried similar boots and the soles have been very uncomfortable

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads