• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rubato

VinnyDinny

Reaction score
I know they're expensive but, to me, they're still noticeably high quality in a way that, for example, Drake's maybe isn't. Of recent purchases, the navy HBT trousers are really nice (I sized up compared to their chinos and jeans), and the new R shirts feel like staples already.

Iskander

Reaction score
I know they're expensive but, to me, they're still noticeably high quality in a way that, for example, Drake's maybe isn't. Of recent purchases, the navy HBT trousers are really nice (I sized up compared to their chinos and jeans), and the new R shirts feel like staples already.
Are the measurements for the waist of the HBT trousers really accurate on their website? Seem insanely small.

VinnyDinny

Reaction score
Are the measurements for the waist of the HBT trousers really accurate on their website? Seem insanely small.

Yeah, I asked about this on Instagram and they said it's because they are higher rise. That doesn't make much sense to me.

I just checked and the 33 waist in the HBT and measure 42cm across, in line with the chart, I think. They fit me nicely. Very slightly bigger in the waist than the 32 waist denim and shorts in 48, and similar to the officer's chinos in 48 (I only have one pair and found them surprisingly roomy).

henrip

Reaction score
Does anyone of you have the Roper shirt and the Uniform shirt and would like to share experience and pictures? What’s the actual difference in the fit?

henrip

Reaction score
Does anyone of you have the Roper shirt and the Uniform shirt and would like to share experience and pictures? What’s the actual difference in the fit?
I’ve got the roper shirt and would like to get some idea if the uniform shirt is slimmer or boxier in real life

mayastig

Reaction score
I don’t have the roper but I do have the R shirt which I believe is the same cut as the roper per their website. I have an athletic slim build and normally take 43” shoulder length for shirts, so I got a S uniform and XS R shirt to get the proper shoulder fit. Uniform is a bit roomier and I normally use it as an overshirt, but it has also worked quite well as a shirt buttoned up tucked out. Had to get it hemmed slightly shorter as it was a bit too long for me tucked out.

Hope that helps, I know it’s not same sizing comparison. FWIW, I wouldn’t tuck in the uniform shirt, fabric is too stiff new unless it’s probably been washed/worn 1000 times and very beaten.

Iskander

Reaction score
I don’t have the roper but I do have the R shirt which I believe is the same cut as the roper per their website. I have an athletic slim build and normally take 43” shoulder length for shirts, so I got a S uniform and XS R shirt to get the proper shoulder fit. Uniform is a bit roomier and I normally use it as an overshirt, but it has also worked quite well as a shirt buttoned up tucked out. Had to get it hemmed slightly shorter as it was a bit too long for me tucked out.

Hope that helps, I know it’s not same sizing comparison. FWIW, I wouldn’t tuck in the uniform shirt, fabric is too stiff new unless it’s probably been washed/worn 1000 times and very beaten.

The R shirt is actually significantly tighter in the body than the uniform shirt according to the measurements.

Iskander

Reaction score
I’m also interested in the work shirt. How boxy is it? Can it be worn tucked in?
It kind of depends on your body shape, I guess. I'm a slim/athletic guy and when I tried it on it was very boxy. Would look quite daft on me if tucked in. If you are stockier it would probably work.
They have it tucked in this shot but honestly this styling is pretty wack. Dressed him like a 60 year old accountant who loves golf and is rude to immigrants.
L7.jpg

henrip

Reaction score
It kind of depends on your body shape, I guess. I'm a slim/athletic guy and when I tried it on it was very boxy. Would look quite daft on me if tucked in. If you are stockier it would probably work.
They have it tucked in this shot but honestly this styling is pretty wack. Dressed him like a 60 year old accountant who loves golf and is rude to immigrants.
View attachment 2206055
Completely agree about the styling 😂.

This fit on the other hand is way more inspiring (got to respect the riviera style open buttons also). Chap looks pretty slim and the shirt is not boxy at all 🤔.

I hate to order shirts just to realize the fit/size is wrong and send them back. My body type is weird… slim but quite boxy. I’ll ask the customer service for advice and see what they have to say 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_4447.png
    IMG_4447.png
    750.7 KB · Views: 84

13.characters

Reaction score
I've got R shirt and work shirt, Rubato model (Niko) usually wears all in size M and is 185 cm tall. I'm 188 cm/79 kg and M sleeves are too short for me, unfortunately, as well as the general length. The body of M fits nice. But Rubato in general is supposed to fit a bit roomies and more relaxed rather than slim, so I go for both those in size L.

R Shirt feels like a shirt that fits and is just a bit roomy. Work shirt is very roomy, can be easily used as an overshirt. When untucked I usually go for wider relaxed trousers or jeans with work shirt. When tucked, I fold over the shirt on the sides to slim the waist a bit down. Still a bit roomy, but I think the fit works.

When I contact Rubato for advise in regards to sizing - they always suggest to go L or even XL on some items (a consultant works there who was very similar to my size, same heigh) E.g. for fireman's jacket suggested even XL, I went with L and it's roomy too. I got used to it though and love that fit and silhouette.

henrip

Reaction score
Here’s me wearing the R shirt and the work shirt, respectively. Both size L. I’m 6’ with ~42” chest and ~32” waist.

View attachment 2206187 View attachment 2206189
Super nice fits as always! How heavy is the work shirt fabric? It doesn’t look baggy at all. Pretty similar to Drake’s work shirt.

Do I remember correct that you wear Drake’s in sizes 38-40?

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharondavis1