• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RTW for Tall Guys - Ongoing Guide to Brands Offering Long Sizes

MeachamLake

Reaction score
I don't believe someone has done this in the past, so here goes. As a tall guy myself, it can be quite tricky knowing where to look in the first place to find things that fit. Whilst MTM and bespoke easily solve these issues, it's not practical for many men, both from a financial and time perspective.

Therefore, I thought it would be useful to have a thread which could act as an ongoing guide to RTW brands which are better suited for taller men. If you've had personal experience with a brand that will work well for tall guys, then it would be really helpful to let everyone know so that we can continue to update this list going forward!

To start us off, I've listed most of the brands I know offer RTW tailoring and shirts that will suit the taller man:

Ben Silver

Offers a good selection of suits and sports coats in longer lengths. www.bensilver.com

Brioni

Does make long length suits and jackets, but I have no personal experience with this brand. www.brioni.com

Brooks Brothers

Offers suits, sport coats, blazers, trousers, shirts and outerwear in long sizes. www.brooksbrothers.com

Budd

Standard shirts come with a 34 inch sleeve, but this can be extended to 35. However, there is a charge for this service. www.buddshirts.co.uk

Charles Tyrwhitt

Shirts come in longer sleeve lengths from 35 to 38 inches. However, these are not available for every collar size. Suit and jackets come in long sizes, however button stances remain quite high which can be an issue. Trousers come in longer lengths (34 and 38 inches) but strangely retain very low rises - sizing up can alleviate this somewhat, but obviously you’ll then need to have them altered. Certain overcoats are also offered in long sizes. www.ctshirts.co.uk

Chester Barrie

All of Chester Barrie’s suit and jacket ranges come in long sizes. Mainline trousers come unfinished with a very generous inseam and a relatively high rise, so tall guys shouldn’t have any trouble. www.chesterbarrie.co.uk

Cordings

Offers suits and jackets in long sizes. www.cordings.co.uk

Ermenegildo Zegna

Does make long length suits and jackets, but I have no personal experience with this brand. www.zegna.com

Hackett

Offers certain suits and sports coats in long sizes. However, some models are in a “modern slim” cut. These are significantly shorter with low rise pants, so avoid if you're very tall. www.hackett.com

Hawes and Curtis

Shirts offered in extended sleeve lengths of 35 - 38 inches. www.hawesandcurtis.co.uk

Hugo Boss

Offers long length suit sizes, however I have no personal experience with this brand. www.boss.com

Jos A. Bank

Does make long length suits, jackets, and coats. I have little personal experience with this brand. www.josbank.com

Marks & Spencer

Offers suits and jackets in long sizes, but button stances can sometimes be a bit high. Trousers go up to a 33 inch inseam and tend to have a relatively high rise. Has a very small selection of shirts with 2 inch longer (approx. 36.5”) sleeves. Also stocks a big and tall range with extra long sizes in both suits, jackets and trousers. Online only. www.marksandspencer.com

O’Connell’s

Offers traditional suits, jackets and outerwear in long sizes. www.oconnellsclothing.com

Oliver Brown

Little known London store which stocks a wide range of traditional English suits and country tweeds in longer length sizes. They come in pretty long, so some guys may be better with a regular. www.oliverbrown.org.uk

Ralph Lauren

Apparently does (or did) make suits and sport coats in long lengths, but I haven't seen them for sale in some time...can anyone elaborate? www.ralphlauren.com

SuitSupply

Most suits, coats and jackets are available in longer sizes. Be warned: you must be very tall and slim to wear long sizes - they are significantly longer and much slimmer than regular garments. Shirts are also available in long lengths. www.suitsupply.com

Tom Ford

Offers (really expensive) suits and jackets in long sizes. Be warned - jackets are stylistically cut longer, so for some men an R will fit better. www.tomford.com

T.M. Lewin

Offers shirts in longer sleeve lengths up to 37 inches. Suits and jackets offered in long sizes. However, trousers do not come in longer lengths meaning that rise may be an issue. Also offers longer length ties. www.tmlewin.co.uk

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads