1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RTW British High Collar shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by redtree00, Jul 9, 2005.

1. redtree00

redtree00 Senior Member

Which of the Jermyn St shirt companies has a high collar ? H&K, Lewin, Coles, T&A, H&B etc.

I have 10 year old Pink's that are around 1.75" but the collar points are barely 3". My newer CT's are also lower and shorter than I would like.
    Ideally I am looking for a 2" high collar (or slightly higher) with points at least 3.25".

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

2. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Among the classic makers really pretty much just Turnbull and Asser. Lewins has a grotty designer line that may have some high collars. Richard James was doing high collars a few years back; they're still relatively high. Otherwise you might want to go to spivvy joints like Interno 8. Frankly nowadays I'd bet Marks and Spencer has them.

3. Ed13

Ed13 Senior Member

I have a Burberry shirt purchased last winter that has a high 2" collar with 3 1/4" points. It is made in the Great Britian and not the US however. I used these collar measurements when ordering my first Jantzen shirt.

4. dorian

dorian Senior Member

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

Or you could go with detachable collars.