1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RSS's day with JAB (Jos. A. Bank)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RSS, Dec 18, 2010.

1. RSS

RSS Senior member

Well, on a recent trip my trousers were unexpectedly snagged on a rough edge ... and ripped. On top of that, they were rather bloodied.

Needing a quick fix ... I resorted to a nearby Joseph A Bank ... and an alterations tailor. Yes, I know that was a drastic move on my part ... but it was all that was easily available ... and I really needed another pair of trousers.

My hope was that the trousers would last the day ... at least until I could get back to my hotel. But, by the time I arrived at my hotel five hours later ... the trousers had two seams coming loose ... including one at the crotch.

Is this typical of JAB quality? Not that I'm tempted to try them again ... for any reason.

2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

But, by the time I arrived at my hotel five hours later ... the trousers had two seams coming loose ... including one at the crotch.

Is this typical of JAB quality? Not that I'm tempted to try them again ... for any reason.

Incotex makes pants for JAB. If this is true, they've really gone downhill...[​IMG]

3. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Maybe it was just one of those daze.............

4. Spats

Spats Senior member

Well, on a recent trip my trousers were unexpectedly snagged on a rough edge ... and ripped. On top of that, they were rather bloodied.

Needing a quick fix ... I resorted to a nearby Joseph A Bank ... and an alterations tailor. Yes, I know that was a drastic move on my part ... but it was all that was easily available ... and I really needed another pair of trousers.

My hope was that the trousers would last the day ... at least until I could get back to my hotel. But, by the time I arrived at my hotel five hours later ... the trousers had two seams coming loose ... including one at the crotch.

[​IMG] "Don't criticize them until you've walked a mile in the other man's pants." Oh wait, looks like you're good to go, there. [​IMG]

5. RSS

RSS Senior member

Maybe it was just one of those daze.............
    I'll say this ... my days since have been uneventful when it comes to my wardrobe.

6. NORE

NORE Senior member

Sounds like you came full circle, minus the blood of course.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I recently heard this radio ad for Jos A.Banks about their holiday sale. It involved a painfully enthusiastic male voice talking about the Buy One Get Free offer they had for their suits and sportcoats including the I quote, "famous Jos A.Banks cashmere".

8. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

Can Jose Bank be ethical?

9. NORE

NORE Senior member

The Jooooooooooseph A. Bank sale. At Jooooooooseph A. Bank.

Jooooooooseph!

[​IMG]

10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

11. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

For the first time ever, everything at Joseph A. Bank is buy one get two free!!! That's right, everything in the store is buy ONE, get TWO FREE!!!

RSS, I hope you got TWO FREE!!

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

He sure did:
    the trousers had two seams coming loose ... including one at the crotch
    Free as a bird!

13. Made in California

Made in California Senior member

Can Jose Bank be ethical?

VERY interesting question.

14. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

He sure did:

Free as a bird!

[​IMG]

15. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

you didnt fly in your tailor on a G550 to mend your trousers?

16. NORE

NORE Senior member

For the first time ever, everything at Joseph A. Bank is buy one get two free!!! That's right, everything in the store is buy ONE, get TWO FREE!!!

At Jooseph.

Aaaa. Bank.

17. NORE

NORE Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

18. RSS

RSS Senior member

One was more than too much. But it was only due to my briefs that two were not hangin' free.

19. RSS

RSS Senior member

you didnt fly in your tailor on a G550 to mend your trousers?
    It was a rush job ... and I didn't have time. Besides ... I have access to a 4 at best.

20. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member