• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RRL Leather aviator/motorcycle fit. Too short?

mboon85

Reaction score
i love the attitude of this jacket and the fact its fairly bold for what you see out in seattle. im not sure if its too short - it seems to meet what ive been told are the styles fit: it sits along my hip bones and flares a bit when open. that being said, i havent a lot of experience with these types of jacket and wouldnt be surprised if its too snug. naturally, when my arms lift above my shoulders or i bend over it rides up a bit. this seems to tell me its too small but i cant imagine someone wearing this style of jacket and not facing these same issues. thoughts? should i get rid of it and get something more tradition to satisfy the 'brown leather jacket' slot in my wardrobe? i already have an aggressive schott per2 in black. ignore the clothes i have on with it - wasnt picking anything special, just concerned about size.

Last edited:

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me ask you this.

How many leather jackets you have?

mboon85

Reaction score
i have three, including this one, because i just parted ways with one of those ubiquitous PRL lambskin jackets in brown. i recently went vegan and have been dropping weight and that particular jacket was getting a little big. ones kinda thrashy and i basically only wear it out when im doing band/music stuff and the other is a pretty traditional black bomber from FC. kinda cheap, but i feel OK wearing it in the rain and such.

i've been looking for something brownish and this caught my eye. that answer your question? am i about to get flamed? i admit total noobage.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i have three, including this one, because i just parted ways with one of those ubiquitous PRL lambskin jackets in brown. i recently went vegan and have been dropping weight and that particular jacket was getting a little big. ones kinda thrashy and i basically only wear it out when im doing band/music stuff and the other is a pretty traditional black bomber from FC. kinda cheap, but i feel OK wearing it in the rain and such.

i've been looking for something brownish and this caught my eye. that answer your question? am i about to get flamed? i admit total noobage.

I don't know about others but.. I think it's kinda funny that vegan wearing leather jacket that is made out of animal's skin.

Anyway, jacket looks tight on your body.

mboon85

Reaction score
i know, right? i do the mental gymnastics and tell myself i won't buy leather made AFTER the date i went vegan. so far, i'm cool. im into vintage stuff anyway.

point of clarification: looks tight as in looks too snug or looks tight in the colloquialisms of young-folk and it looks alright/good? isn't it suppose to be kinda snug?

polarcreamsoda

Reaction score
its just hitting your belt line and i feel thats where it should be. good look, great looking jacket.

--Jonas--

Reaction score
What size is that and how tall/heavy are you?

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Fits you as perfectly as it really could, but I find it kind of ugly. Might be better dyed to brown, I just don't really like the 'distressed within an inch of it's life' look.

mboon85

Reaction score
hey sorry for the late reply. alerts were going to my spam folder.

anyway, im somewhat oddly proportioned. im 6 foot 2, 250 pounds, but only have a 32 inch inseam and a true- 37 inch waist (wear mostly 36s, they're always a little loose). i say 'only' because, while 36 is by no means small, most people in the 250 pound range are much more 'obese' looking (i think). nurses usually eyeball me at 210ish. this is both flattering and occasionally really, really painful, but that's another story.

and the jacket was a gift, so i couldn't tell you where or how much. i'll try to remember to ask about where it came from.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads