• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RRL Jeans

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't commented because I haven't tried on, nor even seen, these jeans, and can't really contribute escept to say that they do look pretty good on the website, except for the irritating RRL patch. I would like to know what weight of denim is used, and how they well they hold up.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like those. I've seen some RRL jeans made in Japan before, in very small sizes, like 26 and 28 waist - I assume for women. They were pretty impressive. I didn't see whether they were selvage but the ones I saw were washed and had some relatively tasteful distressing.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a couple pairs of Ralph Lauren Polo jeans and they are actually quite decent. Not overly distressed (I actually prefer more conservative distressing) and not selvage, but the denim seems to be decent quality, they fit great (true to size) and they don't have shallow girly pockets like APC. For $80-90, they're a pretty good deal.

I realize these are not RRL.... So this post is off topic.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not far off topic. I agree about the Polo jeans except that most of their cuts are too relaxed for me. I really like the cut of those ones the OP posted. Might have to find myself a pair of those to try on.

Which will require an airplane trip, because Seattle sucks for that sort of thing.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I just checked them out on thursday afternoon. I don't particularly like the deniml, it's flimsy and too compact for my taste. The fit is good, but it screams "Ralph Lauren," so I had to stay away. Not my taste, but I could see it working for others.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a couple pairs of Ralph Lauren Polo jeans and they are actually quite decent. Not overly distressed (I actually prefer more conservative distressing) and not selvage, but the denim seems to be decent quality, they fit great (true to size) and they don't have shallow girly pockets like APC. For $80-90, they're a pretty good deal.

I realize these are not RRL.... So this post is off topic.
Ahem... The "girly' pockets are designed to allow more space for your junk. Remember, the French have, on average, larger Johnsons than most nationalities. Please see relevant thread.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ahem... The "girly' pockets are designed to allow more space for your junk.
I don't understand the logic behind this. Please elaborate. If you recall the thread I started a week ago, I came out in favor of girly pockets but not for this reason.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(LA Guy @ June 17 2005,04:28) Ahem... Â The "girly' pockets are designed to allow more space for your junk.
I don't understand the logic behind this. Please elaborate. If you recall the thread I started a week ago, I came out in favor of girly pockets but not for this reason.
Just a joke. Look under either general discussion or current events for a ernest started post "FRANCE IS #1". Have fun.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
(LA Guy @ June 17 2005,04:28) Ahem... Â The "girly' pockets are designed to allow more space for your junk.
Uh, your junk, not your stuff. The French apparently have, on average, larger junk than the rest of us.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(Kent Wang @ June 17 2005,10:44)
Originally Posted by LA Guy,June 17 2005,04:28
Ahem... Â The "girly' pockets are designed to allow more space for your junk.
Uh, your junk, not your stuff. The French apparently have, on average, larger junk than the rest of us.
According to ernest, he is even larger than normal. He may or may not be part of the 10" club. But please, read the thread. It is enlightening.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ah, yes, the sheer arrogance and haughtiness. That is why I love the French.

oldskool

Reaction score
I have neither an above average johnson, nor impressive junk I'm afraid.

I do like the fit of the RRL jeans, though.

Nice roomy pockets, for my er.. hands. And the starchy denim is cool with my over priced Gucci shoes.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the RRL line recently here at the HTC store in L.A. I'll check them out again. I was not in the market for a new pair of jeans ( currently 6 in rotation ) but I did see some nice t-shirts , shirts and distressed boots.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
I saw the RRL line recently here at the HTC store in L.A.

"recently" as in "within the past few weeks" or "recently" as in "June 2005"?
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads