• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RRDS sizing

cynic

Reaction score
I need some help guys. I have a pair of Nudie Regular Ralfs (pre-washed) in size 30 which fit me pretty much perfectly, except the waist is slightly (very slightly) loose. I've found a pair of RRDS in size 28 for a very good price, but I'm afraid they'll be too tight for me. Should I give them a shot? Can the waist stretch 1.5-2 sizes? Will the thighs and legs be too tight?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cynic
I need some help guys. I have a pair of Nudie Regular Ralfs (pre-washed) in size 30 which fit me pretty much perfectly, except the waist is slightly (very slightly) loose. I've found a pair of RRDS in size 28 for a very good price, but I'm afraid they'll be too tight for me. Should I give them a shot? Can the waist stretch 1.5-2 sizes? Will the thighs and legs be too tight?

RRDS are sized bigger than the prewahed versions by about 1 full size. The 28 might fit you, but would definitely be tighter around the thigh to begn with. They will probably stretch out, but I can't guarantee it.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you decide not to pull the trigger for those, any chance you could fill me in on the whereabouts of this pair with the 'very good price'
smile.gif

broady

Reaction score
Ive heard nudies stretch out quite a lot, so if you'll squeeze into the 28s and live in them, you should be right!

Pop down to your local nudie store and try some on, I reckon.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
here's my rule with RRDS:

Buy what fits you well when you first try it on. Don't think about stretching so much. Thighs stretch out some; waist, not so much.

BTW... I wear my denim with a regular fit... not too loose, not too tight.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think you can swing the size 28 RRDS if the washed ralfs are slightly loose.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff
here's my rule with RRDS:

Buy what fits you well when you first try it on. Don't think about stretching so much. Thighs stretch out some; waist, not so much.

BTW... I wear my denim with a regular fit... not too loose, not too tight.

Can you say the same for slim jims regarding the waist?

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
sorry, no experience with slim jims. I tried em' on in the store and thought they were too slim for my body.

Anders

Reaction score
I'd definately size down in RRDS if you want a slimmer fit (but not skin tight).

I measure 32 in the waist and 33 in the hips and I bought a pair of 30's. They were pretty tight in the beginning but they definitely stretch out. At first they were fine when standing up but would dig into my stomach when I sat down because of the 10.5" inseam. It took 2-3 months but now they have stretched out perfectly. I guess it comes down to if your willing to take some discomfort in the beginning for a better fit later on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads