RRDS sizing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by cynic, Oct 21, 2006.

1. cynic

cynic Member

I need some help guys. I have a pair of Nudie Regular Ralfs (pre-washed) in size 30 which fit me pretty much perfectly, except the waist is slightly (very slightly) loose. I've found a pair of RRDS in size 28 for a very good price, but I'm afraid they'll be too tight for me. Should I give them a shot? Can the waist stretch 1.5-2 sizes? Will the thighs and legs be too tight?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I need some help guys. I have a pair of Nudie Regular Ralfs (pre-washed) in size 30 which fit me pretty much perfectly, except the waist is slightly (very slightly) loose. I've found a pair of RRDS in size 28 for a very good price, but I'm afraid they'll be too tight for me. Should I give them a shot? Can the waist stretch 1.5-2 sizes? Will the thighs and legs be too tight?

RRDS are sized bigger than the prewahed versions by about 1 full size. The 28 might fit you, but would definitely be tighter around the thigh to begn with. They will probably stretch out, but I can't guarantee it.

3. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

So take the RRDS Pre-Washed down one size and you have a good rule for RRDS fit?

4. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

If you decide not to pull the trigger for those, any chance you could fill me in on the whereabouts of this pair with the 'very good price' [​IMG]

5. broady

broady Senior member

Ive heard nudies stretch out quite a lot, so if you'll squeeze into the 28s and live in them, you should be right!

Pop down to your local nudie store and try some on, I reckon.

6. KennyGhetzoff

KennyGhetzoff Senior member

here's my rule with RRDS:

Buy what fits you well when you first try it on. Don't think about stretching so much. Thighs stretch out some; waist, not so much.

BTW... I wear my denim with a regular fit... not too loose, not too tight.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I think you can swing the size 28 RRDS if the washed ralfs are slightly loose.

8. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

here's my rule with RRDS:

Buy what fits you well when you first try it on. Don't think about stretching so much. Thighs stretch out some; waist, not so much.

BTW... I wear my denim with a regular fit... not too loose, not too tight.

Can you say the same for slim jims regarding the waist?

9. KennyGhetzoff

KennyGhetzoff Senior member

sorry, no experience with slim jims. I tried em' on in the store and thought they were too slim for my body.

10. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

I'd definately size down in RRDS if you want a slimmer fit (but not skin tight).

I measure 32 in the waist and 33 in the hips and I bought a pair of 30's. They were pretty tight in the beginning but they definitely stretch out. At first they were fine when standing up but would dig into my stomach when I sat down because of the 10.5" inseam. It took 2-3 months but now they have stretched out perfectly. I guess it comes down to if your willing to take some discomfort in the beginning for a better fit later on.