• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RRDS popularity

kapay

Reaction score
Is there a reason the RRDS's are the most popular Nudie jean? Is the quality any better than SSDS or BBDS? Or is the bootcut fit just more popular?

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The quality isn't necessarily better but the fit is the type of fit that just suits anybody and everybody. Regular Ralph is the sex.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The quality is just about the same. One of the reasons is the RRDS was around before the SSDS, so it received more attention. Plus, the RRDS is a very versatile cut. People can wear it skinny or slouchy. I wear my size 29 skinny and my 30 semi-slouchy.

viking_mike

Reaction score
slim jim is also very popular...iirc one of the people that distributes nudies in the us said ralph and jim are the two top sellers

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Very democratic and flattering cut for most people, and they fade beautifully without being as flashy as the "flame" denim on the current SSDS.

I really want a pair of SSDS in the Japanese Selvage from the upcoming fall line, though.

advan031

Reaction score
I like it so much I have 3 pairs (I know it doesn't make sense but who cares:p)

RRDS baggy
RRDS tight fitting
RRVS tight

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by viking_mike
slim jim is also very popular...iirc one of the people that distributes nudies in the us said ralph and jim are the two top sellers

I'd believe that. They are the only two cuts I ever see. The folks at Ron Herman didn't even know what the Straight Sven was.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I too was disappointed with the size of the cuff as well but part of it is due the way it appears in the mirror. At first they looked tapered and I was at odds for a week on whether or not I should return them given their stiffness and odd leg shape until I realized it's all an optical illusion. Once you get some shape into the jeans they'll appear less two dimensional and less tapered at the leg. I've only worn mine out once with some loafers to the viceroy hotel last week and I was pretty pleased at how they looked albeit they appeared too new obviously. I wouldn't wear sneaks with them though but I can't imagine some slim ones like asics looking bad.

TrojanGarb

Reaction score
If I'm going to splurge on only one pair of nudies I might as well get the one everyone is talking about
wink.gif
. Agreed the fit is the most democratic. It's a happy medium that isnt tapered or flared.

kapay

Reaction score
Since the RR is technically a bootcut, wouldn't it be weird to hem them? I have short legs and as much as i don't mind the bunched look, a 32 inseam is just too long and I don't want to cuff *all* my jeans. But I'm guessing since it's only a bootcut because the knees are tapered, it shouldn't be a problem right? Aside from the knee taper probably being too low for my legs.
I assumed the SS would have been democratic of the two because isn't it the most straight cut? Thanks for the posts everyone. It's something that's been nagging the back of my mind for a while.

mattjames

Reaction score
Could someone explain to me how they wear the same cut of jeans tight and baggy? I don't imagine the RRDS fitting tight on anybody (certainly not the 30 inch waist guys who seem to make up the population of this board) whilst at the same time fitting at the waist. It's just not a very slim cut. If I buy a size that will fit my waist and I'll actually be able to button up, there is no way this cut of jeans will look tight on me. (I'm a 35inch waist; I buy either 34 or 36 waist pants) If I wanted them baggy (which I don't) they would need to be bunched in at the waist. Not a good look IMO.
I'm confused...

mattjames

Reaction score
Does anyone have any photos of RRDS being worn tight? Purely for educational purposes, I wish to see a male ass in tight RRDS.

Dick Danger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mattjames
Does anyone have any photos of RRDS being worn tight? Purely for educational purposes, I wish to see a male ass in tight RRDS.
I will do my best to oblige once I get home. My wife has already seen it and she said it was "uber gay", her brother is a drag queen so she knows her uber gayness.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mattjames

Are you going to be educating yourself with your hand?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics