• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rozsnyai shoes

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wait, are they custom lasts? From measurements? That seems strange. Or do they use your measurements to determine the best fitting last?

The first sounds iffy to me if done at home via email. I tried something similar with Russell Moccasin. Got a good enough shoe on a remake (the first didn't fit well), but they're also designed to fit like cardboard boxes. The last are huge.

Wish they would just go with a standard last/ sizing system, as it would make things a lot easier.

Yup, standard sizes, at least to start would be nice.

And it's the latter. They are using the measurements to fit you to a standard size. I work under the assumption that they may do some minor last modifications if needed, but it's not custom lasts for certain.

I haven't been too impressed with the results of sending in measurements for shoe sizing. The volume measurements are too complex, too easy to screw up I think.

Only time it's worked out OK is when I gave a bunch sizes in other brands I wear (this was at Baker's ordering Wesco boots) and I'm pretty sure the guy there worked more off those sizes than the measurements.

Roznyai may work from some size comparisons if you ask, but I haven't had luck with that. They seem to not want to know how their shoes fit compared to other makers...

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yup, standard sizes, at least to start would be nice.

And it's the latter. They are using the measurements to fit you to a standard size. I work under the assumption that they may do some minor last modifications if needed, but it's not custom lasts for certain.

I haven't been too impressed with the results of sending in measurements for shoe sizing. The volume measurements are too complex, too easy to screw up I think.

Only time it's worked out OK is when I gave a bunch sizes in other brands I wear (this was at Baker's ordering Wesco boots) and I'm pretty sure the guy there worked more off those sizes than the measurements.

Roznyai may work from some size comparisons if you ask, but I haven't had luck with that. They seem to not want to know how their shoes fit compared to other makers...

Hm, that's too bad. I feel like that back and forth on sizing is more than I'm willing to do nowadays. The side zips look nice though. Designer ones, like Margiela, are nice, but they're so poorly made.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hm, that's too bad. I feel like that back and forth on sizing is more than I'm willing to do nowadays. The side zips look nice though. Designer ones, like Margiela, are nice, but they're so poorly made.

Low investment try would be to email them, send in the tracing and measurements (you can just email it to them), and see if they recommend a standard size. But, yeah, it's a hassle.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

tdiddy23

Reaction score
This is my second pair from Rozsnyai. Quite pleased with them. Service is great, as is turn around time. First was a budapester on a medium reddish brown pebble grain on the traditional last. These are on 333 last, they sized me up half a size for this last vs traditional (49.5 to 50). I had given them at home measurements that worked pretty well to select a standard size. I don't have hard to fit feet aside from being large.

IMG_5168.JPG

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great Tdiddy. Haven't seen their boots until your post.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seconded. Great looking boots, and nice to see that they have no issues with fitting a large foot. Size 50 is like a US16/UK15 or so I think?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heads up that Rozsnyai has updated their site...very promising in regards to ordering, last info, etc.

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Budapest is like Paris with Mexico prices. It’s really cheap enough to visit and order shoes in person. Virtually all the shoemakers are on the same block. You can also find beautiful handmade peccary gloves for about $75, and amazing fur hats and coats.

Great food, amazing wine, everyone speaks English (in shops and restaurants), dirt cheap AirBnBs, beautiful buildings, fast public transit—you can even get world-class dental work at a quarter of the US price. Can’t recommend it highly enough, although the political situation is ominous and the noticeable absence of dark-skinned immigrants (compared to most of Europe) is creepy.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To enhance your stay in Budapest I recommend indulging in Five Star luxury
at the Gresham Palace ( Four Seasons ) Hotel. An Art Nouveau masterpiece
with superb food and service. I would return to Budapest for no reason other
than staying at this hotel and reveling in its' architectural details.

gresham palace

Last edited:

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To enhance your stay in Budapest I recommend indulging in Five Star luxury
at the Gresham Palace ( Four Seasons ) Hotel. An Art Nouveau masterpiece
with superb food and service. I would return to Budapest for no reason other
than staying at this hotel and reveling in its' architectural details.

gresham palace
Or you could buy another pair of shoes instead! Depends on your budget, as always.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gresham Palace:

I got a deal but it was still pricey.
I am a sucker for five star hotels.
The aesthetic experience was, for
me, extraordinary.
To further rationalize the expense,
Vass was unable to fit me despite the
ministrations of a beautiful sales lady.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in Budapest about a month ago. Unfortunately I had less then a day to experience this beautiful city (and both the Vass and
Rozsnyai stores were closed.) Didn't get to the Buday store. We packed in as much as we could and had an excellent dinner. Already planning a return visit, this time for at least 5 days. I highly recommend this beautiful city.

budapest.JPG

View attachment 1063619

vass.JPG

20180929_170734.jpg

20180930_082104.jpg

20180929_170713.jpg

Last edited:

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in Budapest about a month ago. Unfortunately I had less then a day to experience this beautiful city (and both the Vass and
Rozsnyai stores were closed.) Didn't get to the Buday store.

Buday is just a few meters down from Rozsnyai and Vass. You may have walked right by their store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads