• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rozsnyai shoes

lartiste

Reaction score
just one thought about my first pair of Rozsnayi - the upper part of the shoe around the feet would be made more precisly, when you will have a look at the picture, it is not really well finished. Still very good and very nice shoes ... .

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Side zips are on their way to me. Photos from the shop:

Edit: Posted two of the same photo...

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent choice @FrankCowperwood those look stunning.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Excellent choice @FrankCowperwood
 those look stunning.

:cheers:

Hope they fit. Turns out I was measuring the ball of my foot incorrectly and the results read as suuuuper wide rather than just a little wide. These don't look too crazy, so hopefully they'll work for me. Would always rather have a little more room than a little less, particularly in boots.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Boots are in. Fit is pretty good. Maybe a touch short for me give the toe shape. Not really sure how to expect side zips to fit, so will wear them around and see how they feel.

They did a nice job picking out the leather. I just said, brown and soft, and I like what I got. I asked them to put some green antiquing on top of the brown leather mainly because I could. I am also pleased with how that worked out. Very pleased overall with the experience. The company is very easy to work with and they seem to do their best to deliver what you ask for.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Boots are in. Fit is pretty good. Maybe a touch short for me give the toe shape. Not really sure how to expect side zips to fit, so will wear them around and see how they feel.

They did a nice job picking out the leather. I just said, brown and soft, and I like what I got. I asked them to put some green antiquing on top of the brown leather mainly because I could. I am also pleased with how that worked out. Very pleased overall with the experience. The company is very easy to work with and they seem to do their best to deliver what you ask for.

I don't think you are giving these shoes enough credit. they look fab

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very well done. Congrats. For future black tie events would you consider red silk laces (too showy?) and a white linen pocketsquare (looks awesome!)?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not nearly enough activity here. We need to do something to remedy this gents :cheers:

Wood

Reaction score
Very well done. Congrats. For future black tie events would you consider red silk laces (too showy?) and a white linen pocketsquare (looks awesome!)?

I must admit that when I commissioned these, I did consider red silk laces based on this picture:
Cornwell.jpg

However, for now I'm happy with the black silk so I don't see myself buying red ones in the near future, but maybe one day.

What last did you use?

It is the 333-02 wholecut last.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Wow, those look great. How do you like those, a few months on?

Also, any thoughts on sizing?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, those look great. How do you like those, a few months on?

Also, any thoughts on sizing?

Thanks! I like them a lot, but the fit is a little off and they aren't quite comfortable to wear. But I like them enough that it's just a matter of time before I have the same thing made up again, maybe for the fall.

Rozsnyai proved very easy and helpful to work with, and pricing is pretty reasonable. They picked out a nice leather based on some general criteria I gave them. Added a little green patina to them, and even cut the shaft of the boot higher at my request. I think they took less than a month to deliver. I put in the order in Dec. 2016, and they were going into the holiday break, but from they sent me some photos of the boots in process end of Jan. to delivery was definitely less than a month.

So sizing and the fit: The shoes trees they came with are marked 45, but they ask you to send in measurements and tracings for sizing. I'm a 44.5/45 in Vass, though I need a wide fitting in some of those lasts. I don't think they'll send you shoes based on your own size request.

These boots ended up being a little off so that they made them with more volume than they needed. That came from me measuring the ball of my foot at the wrong place. They also made them a little on the short side. Not sure how that happened since the length measurement is much more straightforward and they had the tracing, but so it goes. End result is that my toes bump up against the front of the boots unfortunately. Maybe I'm really a 45.5 in this 333 last. Not sure.

This is where I have to give Rozsnyai some real credit. They asked for the boots back, with a new set of tracings and measurements. And while there isn't too much they could do, they did make new custom insoles for them to take of some room. No charge for this (you do pay a 1x MTO fee for each last they make a pair of shoes for you on, so I guess you could say that the adjustment is included in that fee... especially since they are not making me an actual last of course, but just modifying one of their existing lasts). I think they would have even picked up return shipping, but I got impatient and just sent them USPS (which got them caught up in Hungarian customs for a couple of weeks... live and learn). They made the small adjustments that they could and sent them back promptly. So they really tried.

I will likely soon move on from these and ask them to make a new pair with the new measurements.

Maybe in black calf (which would fill a need for black dress-ish shoes for me) or a brown suede which I'm less in need of.

I'd love to see if they will make a leather vamp and canvas shaft too. That could be very cool. But I'd like to get a pair that fits well before doing anything fancy.

Overall, I highly recommend giving Rozsnyai a try.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks! I like them a lot, but the fit is a little off and they aren't quite comfortable to wear. But I like them enough that it's just a matter of time before I have the same thing made up again, maybe for the fall.

(As an aside, does anyone have sort of wide US 10.5/11 feet and want to a pair of nice side zips with a nice box, shoe bags, and shoe trees, all for the cost of shipping?) :colgate:

Rozsnyai proved very easy and helpful to work with, and pricing is pretty reasonable. They picked out a nice leather based on some general criteria I gave them. Added a little green patina to them, and even cut the shaft of the boot higher at my request. I think they took less than a month to deliver. I put in the order in Dec. 2016, and they were going into the holiday break, but from they sent me some photos of the boots in process end of Jan. to delivery was definitely less than a month.

So sizing and the fit: The shoes trees they came with are marked 45, but they ask you to send in measurements and tracings for sizing. I'm a 44.5/45 in Vass, though I need a wide fitting in some of those lasts. I don't think they'll send you shoes based on your own size request.

These boots ended up being a little off so that they made them with more volume than they needed. That came from me measuring the ball of my foot at the wrong place. They also made them a little on the short side. Not sure how that happened since the length measurement is much more straightforward and they had the tracing, but so it goes. End result is that my toes bump up against the front of the boots unfortunately. Maybe I'm really a 45.5 in this 333 last. Not sure.

This is where I have to give Rozsnyai some real credit. They asked for the boots back, with a new set of tracings and measurements. And while there isn't too much they could do, they did make new custom insoles for them to take of some room. No charge for this (you do pay a 1x MTO fee for each last they make a pair of shoes for you on, so I guess you could say that the adjustment is included in that fee... especially since they are not making me an actual last of course, but just modifying one of their existing lasts). I think they would have even picked up return shipping, but I got impatient and just sent them USPS (which got them caught up in Hungarian customs for a couple of weeks... live and learn). They made the small adjustments that they could and sent them back promptly. So they really tried.

I will likely soon move on from these and ask them to make a new pair with the new measurements.

Maybe in black calf (which would fill a need for black dress-ish shoes for me) or a brown suede which I'm less in need of.

I'd love to see if they will make a leather vamp and canvas shaft too. That could be very cool. But I'd like to get a pair that fits well before doing anything fancy.

Overall, I highly recommend giving Rozsnyai a try.

Wait, are they custom lasts? From measurements? That seems strange. Or do they use your measurements to determine the best fitting last?

The first sounds iffy to me if done at home via email. I tried something similar with Russell Moccasin. Got a good enough shoe on a remake (the first didn't fit well), but they're also designed to fit like cardboard boxes. The last are huge.

Wish they would just go with a standard last/ sizing system, as it would make things a lot easier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads