• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rozsnyai shoes

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buday is just a few meters down from Rozsnyai and Vass. You may have walked right by their store.
That is what Google maps said but they are wrong, that store is a smaller Vass store half a block from the larger Vass store. Buday is actually on the Buda side of Budapest across the river. First map shows actual location....never got there
(but there's always next year:cool2:). Second map is incorrect, maybe it was Buday at one time.

buday.JPG

buday wrong.JPG

Webbo

Reaction score
That is what Google maps said but they are wrong, that store is a smaller Vass store half a block from the larger Vass store. Buday is actually on the Buda side of Budapest across the river. First map shows actual location....never got there
(but there's always next year:cool2:). Second map is incorrect, maybe it was Buday at one time.

View attachment 1071349

View attachment 1071350

Then they must have moved because all the previous times I have visited the Buday store was a few meters down from the two Vass ones. I have not been for 3 years so it’s possible it’s changed.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been there more recently than 3 years ago but I guess that Buday could have closed a store since my last visit. There are two Vass stores (one large, one small) on the same block. The Rozsnyai store is on the same block. And the Buday is/was also on the same block and even same side of the street.

ijustknow

Reaction score
ˆYes-yes, stiff velvet boxes and polyester satin bags are included. I cannot recall if shoe trees were extra, you best email them about this.
If the bags are made of Polyester, I don't feel they deserve 15 EUR.

ijustknow

Reaction score
I wanted to copy the EG Brummell (faux wingtip balmoral) while removing the back seam but the pic I provided wasn't obvious on this and in the end it became a faux wingtip adelaide instead. This is totally my own fault but still quite happy with the end result.

I have fat feet with high instep in case you are wondering why the last is so "fat". Would probably try to get a more chiseled shaped last to compensate next time.

Overall, no major complaints from my end. Leather used seems to be crust as there is some uneven finishing which becomes obvious only under direct bright sunlight. This is acceptable to me considering the price but YMMV. Fit is pretty solid but I might prefer something a bit more snug on a future pair. Slight worries that the instep might become too loose after breaking in. Probably will have a better idea after wearing them out for a few hours.

Specs:
  • Oxblood calf leather
  • Seamless wholecut with faux broguing
  • English welt with blind welt at waist
  • Bevelled waist (though not very obvious)
  • White thread for welt
  • Talked about contrasting broguing to match the welt but seems to have been lost in translation.

Details:

Have to say, it is too amazing, while the last is too round overall?

yh-

Reaction score
Hey guys, just to share an amazing pair of MTO shoes I got from them recently.

Model: Budapest
Last: 323
Calf (#14 in their colour code)

IMG_3610.jpg
IMG_3611.jpg
IMG_3612.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, they are really responsive on facebook and it is very easy to order a fully MTO pair of shoes from them. Have subsequently ordered more MTO shoes and found this was the easiest way to communicate my orders to them (via email):

Capture2.JPG

yh-

Reaction score
Oh and to add, their webpage is up and fully functioning! There are many RTW pairs for sale (link here) but if you're anything like me, wanting to customize everything, they have a really intuitive MTO page (link here). You can pick an existing model and basically customized everything I've mentioned previously.

I had multiple orders requesting for models not in their MTO page and email was the way to go!

If you have sizing concerns, you can take the measurements (based on their sizing instructions here) and message them for a size and last recommendation. This was the way I went and the shoes I've received fit amazingly well.

Hope my experiences will clear up a lot of the questions brought up earlier!

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. I may be in Budapest in a few months and, if so, will absolutely order another pair.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw these in the window 2 years ago when I was in Budapest but the store was closed. As luck would have it Rozsnyai is having a sale and they had a pair left in my size.Guess it was meant to be. Excellent workmanship and service. Free shipping delivered in 5 days.
20201217_154027.jpg
20201217_154042.jpg

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bold. Wear them in good health.

Boggis

Reaction score
Have placed an order for MTM with Rozsnai. I'm doing it all remotely against my better judgement as I don't know when travel will become normal again.

I've sent off tracing and measurements and now have some measuring foam to make imprints in and send back.
20210218_215244.jpg

20210218_220031.jpg

The next step after these have been sent back will be to receive a trial pair. I'll report back on my progress.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads