• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rozsnyai shoes

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time to groupthink an MTO if anyone is interested. Or is that crowd source? Anyway, I've decided to give Rozsnyai a try as I need another shoe maker the name of which I don't know how to pronounce.

In an effort to get something different, I'm looking at these boots:

I'd remove the medallion from the toe.

Overall look I'm going for is something of a retro/Carnaby Street sort of thing.

My questions are about the last and the color.

I need to pick a different last because the 600 won't work for me according to the folks at Rozsnyai.

So I'm considering the 333 (like the great photos above).

Another option is the 134 last, like this:

The squared toe is something quite different for me, and I probably can't be sure if I'll like it until I see it on my feet. I'm tempted for just that reason, and that I tend to rounder toes in general.

Colors: Brown? Burgundy? Tan? Burnishing?

Anyone want to play?

How about an austro-hungarian last for this boot? The high-walled toebox on this pattern will surely be quite unique (I'm being serious)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How about an austro-hungarian last for this boot? The high-walled toebox on this pattern will surely be quite unique (I'm being serious)

That's a fine idea. I take it seriously.

I'm going to have to pay an MTO charge for whatever last I choose, which is one time charge per last. With that in mind the 333 or the tall toe box traditional last will make more sense as I can see ordering either of those again. Not sure about the 134. I'd really have to see it in person and I'm not sure I'm inclined to pay an extra fee for that.

Thinking of asking for a dark brown calf with some dark green antiquing.

Mrlol

Reaction score
Hi all
Will be visiting the Rozsnyai store tomorrow. Do you know if they have a last compared to vass F last?
Problem for me with the vass f last is that i have too high instep so the shoes have Alot of presure on top of My feet before the laces starts. Other Then that vass f is perfect.

yanagi

Reaction score

Hi all
Will be visiting the Rozsnyai store tomorrow. Do you know if they have a last compared to vass F last?
Problem for me with the vass f last is that i have too high instep so the shoes have Alot of presure on top of My feet before the laces starts. Other Then that vass f is perfect.

I found their 333 last to have a very high instep.

http://www.rozsnyaishoes.com/collection/item/81-wholecut-oxfords-with-wave-holes-333-09

But if you're in store, you'll find out. Hope you find a pair that you like.

Mrlol

Reaction score
Have any1 of you guys the 333 last? Did you have to size up from your normal size?

Mrlol

Reaction score
I see, thats strange. Bcz when i putted them on i had to go from 9.5uk in capital f from Loake to size 44.5 in the lenght on the 333 last, i will also have to modify it in the ball area etc if i pick them up.
I have a pair of these in their size 43. I found the length and width to be similar to my normal size, but the instep is noticeably higher than even the high instep RTW lasts of Enzo Bonafe.

yanagi

Reaction score

I see, thats strange. Bcz when i putted them on i had to go from 9.5uk in capital f from Loake to size 44.5 in the lenght on the 333 last, i will also have to modify it in the ball area etc if i pick them up.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I normally wear a 8 UK / 9 US / 42 EU in Carmina (Forest), Enzo Bonafe (946), and Vass (F). My size in Rozsnyai seems to be 43. I was comparing my size 43 Rozsnyai to size 42 Vass F: length and width are similar, but 333 instep is much higher.

Mrlol

Reaction score

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I normally wear a 8 UK / 9 US / 42 EU in Carmina (Forest), Enzo Bonafe (946), and Vass (F). My size in Rozsnyai seems to be 43. I was comparing my size 43 Rozsnyai to size 42 Vass F: length and width are similar, but 333 instep is much higher.
Thank you for that! So a size up is quite normal Then in the 333 last from rosznyai. Have you a mtm 333 last or just regular?
Do you feel that the quality of your roszsnyai vs vass is the same?

yanagi

Reaction score

Thank you for that! So a size up is quite normal Then in the 333 last from rosznyai. Have you a mtm 333 last or just regular?
Do you feel that the quality of your roszsnyai vs vass is the same?

No problem. Mine was just regular 333.

Regarding Rozsnyai and Vass, I think you will be very satisfied.

Mrlol

Reaction score
I did order a pair of shoes with the mtm service. approx time for delivery is 4 weeks
ill post pictures when i get it

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4 weeks is a really great turn around. What did you order?

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice. That's their classic Austro-Hungarian last I take it? Looks really good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads